Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about picking up one of these games to try them, especially for solo play. This one is the most interesting to me and, it looks like, best for starters anyway. I have fairly intense wargaming in my past but I'm pretty much 100% sure that I wouldn't ever get to the advanced air game. That said, the addition of an alternate air game to the supplement #1 documentation has me intrigued:

"Design Note: These rules are basically a cross between the Standard and Advanced air rules, but they place the player in the role of the theater command tasking his air boss to provide support without the omniscient ability to specify exactly how to do it and with which assets to accomplish it."

This intrigues me. Has anyone tried this alternate air system in this game? Did it make the advanced game more manageable and streamlined? I like the sound of the changes but I have no idea if I'd like the rules or if they would make the rules more manageable anyway. I certainly like the idea of not overmanaging the technical side of the game that real commanders wouldn't have micromanaged anyway, especially if streamlines play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have never tried the Alternative system in NW India Pakistan’s, but from my experience with Taiwan and Poland, it dramatically reduces the management required. It is really good if you want to model the effects of air power on the ground war without going too in depth. However, I still enjoy playing with the normal advanced air rules more because I feel that it adds more flavor to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response! I will definitely look into the supplement then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not used the Air rules in the supplement. I have used both the basic and advanced air rules. I enjoy the level of detail the advanced rules add but it does add to the playing time*. The amount of air units in NW :IP is relatively small so upkeep shouldn't be to bad.

*try the advanced rules they are really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.