4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie Question on Player Synergy / Celeborn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Garrett
msg tools
Hi, all,

I'm just starting to get into this wonderful game, and am a little unclear on what card effects are shared between players. For instance, Celeborn's ablity reads as follows:

Quote:
Response: After a Silvan Ally enters play, that ally gets [whatever bonuses] until the end of the round.

My question is, does this effect apply only to Celeborn's player, or if another player plays a Silvan ally, do they enjoy the same benefits?

This is just another version of the same question, but what about an Event like Astonishing Speed?:

Quote:
Action: Until the end of the phase, all Rohan characters get +2 willpower.

Does the effect apply to all Rohan characters in play, or only the player's? My hunch is that it should just be the single player's- the synergy seems like it would quickly spiral out of control otherwise. However, I'm struggling to find the section of the rules that clarifies this issue.

Many thanks for your time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celeborn and Astonishing Speed apply to characters controlled by all players. So when it says "all Rohan characters," read it at face value.

For comparison, other cards like the Outlands allies say "Each Outlands character you control gets +1 [stat]."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garriath wrote:

My question is, does this effect apply only to Celeborn's player, or if another player plays a Silvan ally, do they enjoy the same benefits?

In this game, they would use verbage "your ally" to limit it to just your allies. So for Celeborn, it could be any player's ally.

Garriath wrote:

Does the effect apply to all Rohan characters...

All Rohan characters. Again, it would state "all your Rohan characters" to limit it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Garrett
msg tools
Many thanks for the quick responses! Wow- so there really are some major benefits to making sure your deck syncs with your partner's. Very good to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.