Subject: Solo play question: flipped cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joost kaha
Netherlands
utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm enjoying the solitaire game a lot (just won at level 1)!

But I doubt what to do when I've flipped over a card with Kite, and then the AI has menial or embalmer (has to take card of the color that you flipped over). Do I have to do as if the card was face up?
Or do I skip the action? (then I could easily prevent a lot of AI actions..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cleaver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joost -

That's an interesting question. I never thought of that possibility.

First let's clarify that you are playing the "Solo player variant." I prefer that version, because it's more like playing against a human opponent.

Example: You play Kite to flip over the lower left card of the pyrmid. Then the dummy draws an embalmer, meaning that the dummy takes the lowest cost card of the same color as your flipped card. Here's my ruling: Examine the color of that flipped card, and have the dummy entomb the cheapest other card of that color - but not the flipped card itself.

How's that?

Tom Cleaver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joost kaha
Netherlands
utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello Tom,

thanks for helping me out!

I think your solution is logical. so if there is no other card, the dummy can't entomb this turn. That could lead to some useful strategies!

best regards,

joost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.