Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Steam] [Android] [ios] Star Realms app - all DLC $7.94 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy on one platform, it is good for all platforms.

Prices:
Base game = free (always)
Full version = $1.99
Gambit = $1.99
Bases & Battleships = $.99
Events = $.99
Heroes = $.99
Fleets & Fortresses = $.99

Edit: does not include Colony Wars, which is not available on all platforms
13 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On android now and not seeing those prices in the store
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cohen
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not seeing them on iOS either, but once you click thru to an item then the real price shows up - e.g. it shows $1.99 for Bases and battleships but when I click on it, the buy button says $0.99
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al G. En
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw an ad in-game about a 50% off holiday sale... it's legit. Great version of the game and a nice way to try out some of the expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danrodz wrote:
On android now and not seeing those prices in the store


You have to go into the app and and select to buy it in there
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Been wanting to try this out. Any one in particular that I should get?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
Been wanting to try this out. Any one in particular that I should get?


If you've never played it, get the base game. It's free and gives you a good feel for the mechanics
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On iOS and I just got the full game for $1.99 but all of the other expansions show full price until you actually click to buy them. FYI.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
geekaba wrote:
Not seeing them on iOS either, but once you click thru to an item then the real price shows up - e.g. it shows $1.99 for Bases and battleships but when I click on it, the buy button says $0.99


Followed this and it worked just fine. Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CannonWolf wrote:
waxbottle wrote:
Been wanting to try this out. Any one in particular that I should get?


If you've never played it, get the base game. It's free and gives you a good feel for the mechanics


The "base game" is a somewhat crippled version of the "full version." Play around with that a bit and if your are at all interested quickly upgrade to the full version as that is usually $5.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sleep
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CannonWolf wrote:
Gambit = $1.99
Bases & Battleships = $.99
Events = $.99
Heroes = $.99
Fleets & Fortresses = $.99

Other than the full version, which I have and heartily recommend, are some of these more recommended than others? Anyone have favorites or ones to avoid?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I ended up getting this along with Gambit and Bases.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the full game offer anything more than hard mode, campaign stuff and online? I only play the AI so not sure what I’d get of value other than access to expansions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Does the full game offer anything more than hard mode, campaign stuff and online? I only play the AI so not sure what I’d get of value other than access to expansions.


You named everything
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruticus
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On Android, I'm showing full prices. I click to buy and it was going to charge me full price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bos
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting full price on both Steam and ios.

There's the 50% off ad in the app, but everything is appearing full price for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
ptbbos wrote:
I'm getting full price on both Steam and ios.

There's the 50% off ad in the app, but everything is appearing full price for me.


Just looked for Steam and it's showing the discount for me. Maybe it's not there in Canada?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kral
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread on Steam Community details (and opines on) the contents of each app expansion vs. the physical game expansions:

Novice Guide to Star Realms
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=916917...

One of the reviews of the game on Steam says that if you buy the full game and its DLCs on Steam, you get them on Android/iOS as well. Can anyone confirm this?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pkral wrote:
One of the reviews of the game on Steam says that if you buy the full game and its DLCs on Steam, you get them on Android/iOS as well. Can anyone confirm this?


That's what OP of this thread stated. I believe I also saw it in the app (Android).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
pkral wrote:
One of the reviews of the game on Steam says that if you buy the full game and its DLCs on Steam, you get them on Android/iOS as well. Can anyone confirm this?


That's what OP of this thread stated. I believe I also saw it in the app (Android).


Yes, I can confirm it. I bought it on Steam and I've been playing it on Android.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ruley
Uganda
Kabale
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also confirm that if you buy it in steam you get it on android. I had to do some digging to find out how, but it works.

To save the digging for others, you need to go into online game and make an account. If you sign in on android with the same account, it unlocks everything. I imagine it would work going from android to steam, but steam is easier. Thanks for posting this deal.
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kral
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaRuleyman wrote:
I can also confirm that if you buy it in steam you get it on android. I had to do some digging to find out how, but it works.

To save the digging for others, you need to go into online game and make an account. If you sign in on android with the same account, it unlocks everything. I imagine it would work going from android to steam, but steam is easier. Thanks for posting this deal.


Thanks David and Cannon for confirmation! I've been playing the free version for months, so I know this is a good game. Getting all the DLC content on my laptop, Nexus 7 and Android phone for $7.94 makes this a no-brainer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This deal is dead. Just wanted to thank OP. I enjoyed playing the app so much that I picked up a physical copy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
This deal is dead. Just wanted to thank OP. I enjoyed playing the app so much that I picked up a physical copy.


You're very welcome!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.