Subject: Helping to correct the game text... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Osborn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let me start by saying that I REALLY like First Martians, and it's because of this that I would like to help make FM as good and polished a game as it can be. There's not much I can offer by way of technical support for the app or anything like that, but one thing I can help with is the English text translation for the adventures/events in the game.

I realize there are many events, and to go through them all would take some time, but the text is pretty short and I really wouldn't mind going through them. Obviously, English is not the first language of the designers, and given we have a game where events can quickly and spontaneously be added to the game, it would be hard to proofread every bit of text that gets added. The truth is though, the 'story' of these events doesn't immerse me as much as the mistranslated/broken English (I use these words respectfully and with admiration for the designers), pulls me out of the game. So with that in mind, I would like to offer help proofreading, rephrasing, or rewording the text on events/adventures to help make it sound more natural, and hopefully, improving the game. Not changing the text in any major way, just minor grammatical adjustments here and there.

That being said, having not played the campaigns yet, I would want to refrain to looking at those.

Maybe Ignacy and the team have no interest in my offer, and that's fine and I totally understand. I enjoy the game so much I just wanted to offer to try and make it better in any way I can.

And of course, this would be completely voluntary.

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone from Portal ever contact you on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Osborn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, unfortunately. That's okay though, I just felt compelled to offer. I also thought about pulling out some random events and posting them in this thread and showing what I had in mind.

If there's no interest from Portal though, that's fine. The real stories for me come from the emergent gameplay, not the flavor text, so it's not like it breaks the game, it just breaks immersion a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.