Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first Legendary game so I'm not sure the best way to organize the cards for quick set up and tear down. Any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort everything by type and then alphabetically, with a divided between each set of cards. Keep starting decks built (i.e. don't separate the starting cards by name) and either separated with dividers or put them all together by alternating their facing.

The real game-changer, though, is using dividers to keep track of where you pulled cards from. Whenever you grab something out of the box, stick an extra divider vertically in that spot so that you can easily put the cards back in the same place without having to try and remember where they went or separate things.

The dividers Legendary games come with are utterly awful, but may not be a big problem since it's unlikely Buffy will get many expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jondodd82 wrote:
This is my first Legendary game so I'm not sure the best way to organize the cards for quick set up and tear down. Any recommendations?

I'm a Legendary player, but don't have Buffy. Anyway, think about the typical categories you will be picking from to set up a game, and put one of the dividers (does it have dividers?).

Put each kind of hero together with its own divider. Put all the villains in a Villain Group together, as if they were one thing. The Henchmen group together (each kind behind one divider).

The Big Bads go with their 4 matching tactic cards (whatever they are called). Your Bystanders and Wounds together. Your Watchers and Initiative Soldiers and Potential Slayers together, they will be selected according to player count each game. ( I don't fool with making little starter decks for each player and separating them -- it doesn't really save time).

Finally, I would point there is an awesome, long-standing tradition of fan-made dividers for Legendary. They put them in the "Files" section under the game page, and sometimes make a Geeklist for them. I notice people have started making them for this game. (Link below). You print them on photo stock or card stock, cut them and use them as dividers. (It's approximately 50% of the fun for me).

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/155663/legendary-buffy-va...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Comstock
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put mine in one side of the box, seperated by the dividers, more or less in the order I set up the board:

- Schemes
- Big Bads
- Wounds
- Bystanders
- Potential Slayers
- Starter deck (buy cards....Watchers?)
- Starter deck (attack cards)
- Heroes
- Villains
- Henchmen
- Twists
- Masterstrikes

I put the tokens in a little plastic bag and shoved it behind the cards.

Also, I count them when I pull them out and before I put them away (14 of each hero, 8 of each villain, etc.). The biggest time waster is when you put a hero in the wrong place and have to search through everything to find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides having dividers for each of the heroes, villains, big bands, etc., I definitely advise that you divider off each player's starting deck. That's so you can just reach into the box, grab a starting deck, and hand it to a player at the table. Also, label your dividers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.