Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The condition is "Contested Theater". Does this mean if Sparta controls, for instance, Naupactus, that Phormio will skip this strategy? Or, since the strategy is called control of naval Checkpoints should the condition actually be "Contested or Enemy-Controlled Theater?"

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By precedent and the rules I took the condition of contested as the condition for Athens taking the Chokepoint PS. Therefore once Sparta controls the theatre, Athens gives it up for lost and concentrates on other strategies (Sicily will always remain a priority, even if Naupactus and Corcyra are under Spartan control). The same goes for Protect Key Allies on the Spartan matrix.

Brent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
The condition is "Contested Theater". Does this mean if Sparta controls, for instance, Naupactus, that Phormio will skip this strategy? Or, since the strategy is called control of naval Checkpoints should the condition actually be "Contested or Enemy-Controlled Theater?"

Thanks.

Brent has it right... however, I pick up Naupactus as a PS objective way down on the Athenian Strategy matrix, Offensive Naval, whose condition is "There is a Spartan controlled naval theater", if more than one randomize.

So, once lost Athens' strategy evolves, but it can and usually does come back to it late in the game.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't considered this and it's gratifying to see how deeply considered and developed Phormio is. Thanks again for the thought and effort you put into the solo play of the game, Mark.

Brent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.