Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
74 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Tank Chess» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Tank Chess match on 20x20 square board: Dragan Lazovic vs Marcos Hidalgo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

This is a match of Tank Chess on the "20x20" board - Basic setup.

The game rules: https://www.gamesforsage.com/tc2-rulebook

Annotation system: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732812836/tank-chess/p...

Player rules:

- Pictures should be posted in "large" size - [ImageID=XXXXXXX large]
- Each player will annotate his part of the move.
- If a legal move is made, it can't be withdrawn.

Visitor rules:

- Please don't post pictures.
- Feel free to comment and ask questions

Initial position:

Dragan will play as the white and Marcos will play as the black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

1. P3>P7/N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'me readjusting my mental schemes (trying to, at least) introduction of two new models take its time...

Now I've to plan my advance with this two new assets, one is just like a "medium tank" but can destroy any tank currently on the board even on frontal assault... but he has no turret. The other is great for covering the 3-5 range, no matter where they hide...

I'm focusing on finding the good positions for the two new vehicles but most sweet spots are two movements away, and during that movements Dragan will do his best to disable any of my tactics

I previous game seemed hard to me with lots of mistakes, this one frightens me even more!

***EDIT***

For the record, Dragan allowed me to do a MULLIGAN after the terrible first movement I made.
He has officially earned a pint of good spanish beer next time he lands in Madrid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1. P3>P7/N , P18>P14/S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

2. P7>Q9/NE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

2. P7>Q9/NE , P14>R12/S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

3. Q9>R9/N

I wanted to attack you, but it turned out that you are attacking me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

3. Q9>R9/N , R12>S10/S

In the previous game... I really noticed that this is not Squad Leader Like Chess (I'm a terrible chess player) it is important to keep the opponent busy trying not to get destroyed everytime and finally having to choose which piece to concede.

This turn I decided to keep pushing, R12 is an awesome position for my tank, but I'm keeping the pressure. What really worries me is your movement
Q9>R9/N, I can't see your intentions, if it's just blocking my path to keep me from destroying your LT... I think there are better moves, that is not what I would do... so I'm REALLY WORRIED about not noticing an aggressive move thinking it was a defensive one. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

4. P1>P4/N

To be honest, it was a defensive move (or at least I saw it that way, you never know what can turn out from it). Now I'm bringing some backup, because advancing with just one piece usually ends with a simple exchange or nothing .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

4. P1>P4/N , P20>P17/S

I thought you were going to do that move on turn 3 instead of shifting the MT. This game is about the continuos promise of heavy shells in your tanks if you take your guard down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

5. R9>S11/N (L18)

Now I give you a choice. In any case, to return fire (unless you find even better solution that I don't see).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

5. R9>S11/N (L18) , P17>P14/S (S11)

I think I'm still contaminated by other games and think a Medium Tank is more valuable than a Light Tank... In my first game, all the good tricks were don by lights. In Tank Chess one tank is not better than other, it is just a matter of positioning and opportunity, I know. But still... I give more value to a MT than a LT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

6. P4>P7/N (S10)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

6. P4>P7/N (S10) , P14>P12/S (E1)

Still changing pieces I think are more valuable. In this scenario, the incredible shooting diagonal and front row that Heavy on E1 can achive are too good to let him go
I'm probably doing something terribly wrong, but I think this one is going a bit better than the previous game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

7. I3>H7/NW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

7. I3>H7/NW , H18>I15/S

After a brutal fire exchange on the first turns, we are developing positions again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

8. C3>D7/NE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

8. C3>D7/NE , J18>J14/S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

9. D7>D10/NW (+)

CHECK!

You could attack me with you central Medium tank, but now you must not because your Command tank is under attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

9. D7>D10/NW (+) , E18>E15/SW

I got the feeling I'm well positioned this time. And that's really frightening, as I'm probably not being aware of something terrible happening under my nose shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

10. K1>M4/E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

10. K1>M4/E , E15>B12/S (D10)

Didn't expect Dragan's move. My interpretation is that as LT at D10 is dead, no matter where he moves, and that my next move will end in a "check" situation that will force Dragan to take a similar move to protect the command vehicle...
This way he loses the LT anyway but gets an "additional" movement, moving the CLT to a better position and developing the game to the East side of the board where I've a weaker more sparse rear units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

11. C1>C3/N

After a few of non productive moves I made (not really mistakes, but I've let the initiative to Marcos), I realized that I have to accept the loss of the LT. Instead of desperately trying to save it and end up short in exchange, and also "waste" several moves (by which Marcos would gain positional advantage and get closer to my defense positions), I decided to let go the LT before it's too late shake.

In the initial exchange, Marcos lost two tanks on the east, while I lost one there and the HT on the west. This made the situation different on the two sides, which means anyone can use advantage of the stronger side.

By previous move I have stopped his initiative and I let myself breathe a little bit . This is an intense battle, and we'll see what will happen in the following moves.

Now I'm just "opening" my TD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

11. C1>C3/N , B12>C9/SE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lazovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

12. E3>E5/N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.