5 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: MoM2e+MoM1e+CotW=how many scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to MoM2e board, I have a MoM1e and have a question: If I buy a MoM2e how many scenarios i can play with MoM1e+MoM2e and MoM1e+MoM2e+Call of the Wild expansion? Can I play with all CotW investigators in MoM2e using only base box (and CotW of course), or I need to buy any conversion kit for CotW separatly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you don't need any conversion kit. If you have everything from first mansions of madness you just need the base game for second edition.

When you donwload the app, you can insert all the expansions you have and then the app will allow you access to every character you have, as it will also add all the tiles and monsters to the randomization for all scenarios of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but the previous reply is wrong. You do require the conversion kit. It is included with the 2nd edition game and is vital for anyone who wants to use the first edition miniatures (even if they bought them in the 2nd edition figure and tile collections.)

And to actually answer the OP's questions:

You will have five scenarios immediately available to you. Four will come from the 2nd edition. Adding the miniatures from the 1st edition game is the equivalent of a full figure and tile collection and will give you a bonus scenario.

Sadly, owning Call of the Wild will be of little benefit unless you also own Forbidden Alchemy. Those two expansions combined eliminate the need for the second figure and tile collection and unlock one more scenario.

To see for yourself, download the app (it's free) and tell it which products you own. You can tell it which first edition products you have, and then you can see how many scenarios are unlocked (5).

As a side note, you will also have all you need to purchase and play two additional dlc scenarios for further flexibility, no new miniatures

Edit: Upon investigation with the app I have since learned that your collection will unlock the sixth scenario. Forbidden Alchemy will expand on Call of the Wild but its absence will present no bar. You will have access to all the investigators you own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, so, I will have 6 scenarios+2 paid dlc or 4 scenarios+2 paid dlc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
Thank you, so, I will have 6 scenarios+2 paid dlc or 4 scenarios+2 paid dlc?

6+2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.