Subject: Identifying Fens vs Clear Regions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am having some difficulty differentiating Fen, from Clear regions on the map. Is the only identifying characteristic their slightly different shade of green? If so, is there a list of regions specifying which terrain type they are? Perhaps I can apply some artistic modification to the map to make it more obvious for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
By my calculation, the fens are: Corieltauvi, Iceni, Trinovantes, Cantiaci
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. I see they are also listed on the back page of the playbook (duh..) blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
skipper1947 wrote:
Thanks. I see they are also listed on the back page of the playbook (duh..) blush

Oh, I didn't know that either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the subtle design inside the fen spaces is also slightly different than in the clear spaces, so you might not have to mark up the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottland wrote:
I believe the subtle design inside the fen spaces is also slightly different than in the clear spaces, so you might not have to mark up the board.
Indeed, there is a specific pattern for each Region, to help with recognition. And when in doubt, refer to the Spaces List on the back cover page (p.72) of the Playbook, or to the Gazeteer (pp. 68-69 of the Playbook)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having no issues telling Fens from other spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Joelist wrote:

Perhaps your eyes are better than mine.

The back page of the playbook shows the region Catuvellauni in both the Fens and Clear region.. Is this a typo? If I am discerning the green shading correctly, it appears that Catuvellauni is a clear region. Also, it appears that Corieltauvi should be a Fen region, but does not appear on this list. Perhaps it was accidentally replaced with Catuvellauni?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skipper1947 wrote:
Joelist wrote:

Perhaps your eyes are better than mine.

The back page of the playbook shows the region Catuvellauni in both the Fens and Clear region.. Is this a typo? If I am discerning the green shading correctly, it appears that Catuvellauni is a clear region. Also, it appears that Corieltauvi should be a Fen region, but does not appear on this list. Perhaps it was accidentally replaced with Catuvellauni?
Yes, there is a typo in this list: it should be "Corieltauvi" instead of "Catuvellauni" under Fens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.