The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newcomer - Great game but with a couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theodoros Delis
Greece
flag msg tools
Hi everyone!

I have just started playing the game and with the help of this forum I can say I am in a good stage!

I have some questions about the rules and certain situations:

1)While in Quest phase and having committed Thalin(+1 DMG to to each enemy as it is revealed) I draw Black Forest Bats which force me to remove a committed character. Which action is played first? Thalin's or the Bats' rule?

2)In Combat Phase, when I attack, how many enemies can I attack? Only one?

3)I have committed two Heroes in the Quest phase. In Travel phase I choose to travel to Old Forest Road(After you travel to Old Forest Road, the first player may choose and ready 1 character he controls). Can I ready an already exhausted Hero who is committed for the quest?

4)A Forest Spider is not defeated in Combat phase. Is his effect (After Forest Spider engages a player, it gets +1 attack until the end of the round) active on the next round?

I know the above questions for a first post are too many but I tried to ask them as efficiency as I could so you can answer them with yes or no.

Thank a lot, great place to be here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1) Thalin. His is a constant condition, as opposed to an action. This is in the FAQ.

2) You can attack each enemy engaged with you, but may only attack each one once.

3) Yes. How the character was exhausted is irrelevant.

4) Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
theodorosgr wrote:
1)While in Quest phase and having committed Thalin(+1 DMG to to each enemy as it is revealed) I draw Black Forest Bats which force me to remove a committed character. Which action is played first? Thalin's or the Bats' rule?

Instances where simultaneous effects occur, I usually choose the order in which they resolve, unless of course there is specific errata to clarify

theodorosgr wrote:
2)In Combat Phase, when I attack, how many enemies can I attack? Only one?

Need more specific use case, but you can generally attack any number of enemies engaged with you, as long as your hero/character is not exhausted and able to fight.

theodorosgr wrote:
3)I have committed two Heroes in the Quest phase. In Travel phase I choose to travel to Old Forest Road(After you travel to Old Forest Road, the first player may choose and ready 1 character he controls). Can I ready an already exhausted Hero who is committed for the quest?

Yes. Assuming of course you are the 1st player.

theodorosgr wrote:
4)A Forest Spider is not defeated in Combat phase. Is his effect (After Forest Spider engages a player, it gets +1 attack until the end of the round) active on the next round?

No. Only on first engagement until the end of the round.

EDIT: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodoros Delis
Greece
flag msg tools
Thank very much to both for the quick and lean response!

You helped me a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
theodorosgr wrote:

Instances where simultaneous effects occur, I usually choose the order in which they resolve, unless of course there is specific errata to clarify

However, note that passive effects (like Thalin) precede forced effects, and forced effects precede responses. For example, if the 1-hp Mirkwood Bats come out while Thalin is questing, they are killed immediately before the "surge" keyword can be applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.