Hide
3 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: Questions about beginning a campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. x
msg tools

So I want to start a campaign of Charterstone soon (my first). I was planning on playing the first (or first couple) games with a friend and then continue playing the rest of the campaign on my own (because they live out of town). I was wondering what the best way to go about this was? Should I play game 1 with just my friend and I and no Automa players? Should I use any Automa players for game 1? For Game 2 should I add in Automa players (and if so how many). When my friend has to drop out should I just replace him with an Automa player?

Also what kind of writing instruments should I have on hand for altering things? Like a black fine tip indelible sharpie? Should I have some colored writing instruments on hand and if so what colors?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Australia
Ellen Grove
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion- play the first 2 games with just you and your friend.
Before start of game 3 decide and add however many automa you wish to add. (we added 2 ).
When your friend drops out, yes replace him with an automa.

Edit- also, I would suggest before starting a campaign go to the official stonemaiergames.com Charterstone FAQ. Read the 'before first game'.
Have fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As for markers, I used 6 permanent markers, one in each colour of the charters. Not that it matters what colour things are written in, I just enjoyed seeing who got to write what over the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.