Joakim Glimsjö
msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't seem to find any rule clarification regarding this route. I get that I can claim it straight away, but what if someone lays a track between Rodez and Montpellier?

My interpretation of the rules is that I would still be able to claim both, until the other is claimed, since the rules for crossing tracks doesn't mention claiming them. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never lay both of any crossing track, whether thst’s track-yet-to-be-laid or otherwise. If one of them has been claimed, by laying track or trains, the other can’t be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hildegarbage wrote:
I can't seem to find any rule clarification regarding this route. I get that I can claim it straight away, but what if someone lays a track between Rodez and Montpellier?

My interpretation of the rules is that I would still be able to claim both, until the other is claimed, since the rules for crossing tracks doesn't mention claiming them. Is this correct?

I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion. The rules say building a route makes any route that crosses it unavailable, and that claiming a route prevents the building of any route that crosses it. Claiming Toulouse to Avignon before building Rodez to Montpellier makes the latter unbuildable. Building Rodez to Montpellier before Toulouse to Avignon is claimed makes the latter unclaimable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Bernardeau
France
Eysines
flag msg tools
The rule isn't so clear... and I had exactly the same question.

Rule says :

Quote:
When one crossing Route is built, one or more others may become unavailable

But also

Quote:
Apart from the one space Routes and the grey Routes which are already built

If a grey Route is considered as already built, it is impossible, any time, to build the Rodez to Montpellier Route. This is a ghost Route... (spooooky)

From now I consider this Route as an exception. If the Toulouse to Avignon Route is used, then Rodez to Montpellier becomes unavailable still the end of the game. If Rodez to Montpellier is built, then Toulouse to Avignon becomes unavailable. I don't see any other way to resolve this case...

I've asked the question in the official DoW forum. Let's see what they'll answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

pitichampi wrote:

From now I consider this Route as an exception. If the Toulouse to Avignon Route is used, then Rodez to Montpellier becomes unavailable still the end of the game. If Rodez to Montpellier is built, then Toulouse to Avignon becomes unavailable. I don't see any other way to resolve this case...

It's an exception indeed...
In this case, consider that:
1) if a player builds Rodez-Montpellier, Toulouse-Avignon becomes unavailable.
2) if a player claims Toulouse-Avignon, Rodez-Montpellier becomes unavailable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
beewee wrote:
It's an exception indeed...
In this case, consider that:
1) if a player builds Rodez-Montpellier, Toulouse-Avignon becomes unavailable.
2) if a player claims Toulouse-Avignon, Rodez-Montpellier becomes unavailable.

Now that we have the iOS version, this confirms it. The program doesn't let you lay track (or trains) on either of these routes once the intersecting one is built/claimed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.