Ray Price
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted my latest 3D printed storage set on Thingiverse. This time for Dinosaur Island Deluxe.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2727947

I gave the boardgames group on Reddit a heads up and thought I would post here as well for anyone who is interested.

Enjoy.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Begin
United States
Reno
NV
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
perfect, Now if you could just print it and ship it to me as well....
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
gjira wrote:
perfect, Now if you could just print it and ship it to me as well....

There's a link for that on there
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gail Sherman

New York
msg tools
Arghh, why don't I have my Cubibot yet?!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nolte
United States
La Habra Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got one of the print services through Thingverse to print this insert for me. Rather pleased. Some of the compartments are snug (the dinosaur tiles in particular), but everything fits in quite nicely.

Edit - Because I can't spell
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Price
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who might be interested, I'm working through some initial orders and will have a site where you can purchase these available in the next week or so.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
webdad wrote:
For anyone who might be interested, I'm working through some initial orders and will have a site where you can purchase these available in the next week or so.


And subbing to the thread to get in that action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Price
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

www.storeallthebits.com will take you to my Etsy shop where you can order the Dinosaur Island insert.

I've created a number of inserts for other games, and will continue to create more. I'll use this site to offer printed versions for those who want to support my hobby or don't have ready access to a 3D printer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to buy a 3 d printer to print inserts for my Games . I’m hoping the printer I get will work with people who have already created files . What’s a good printer to get for say 500$ also how much would an avg size insert cost to print . I’m not to families with 3d printing any info would be great !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
webdad wrote:

www.storeallthebits.com will take you to my Etsy shop where you can order the Dinosaur Island insert.

I've created a number of inserts for other games, and will continue to create more. I'll use this site to offer printed versions for those who want to support my hobby or don't have ready access to a 3D printer.


Doesn't look available to purchase when I go to your etsy store.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Price
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that. I just restocked. Should be available now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Frisches wrote:
webdad wrote:

www.storeallthebits.com will take you to my Etsy shop where you can order the Dinosaur Island insert.

I've created a number of inserts for other games, and will continue to create more. I'll use this site to offer printed versions for those who want to support my hobby or don't have ready access to a 3D printer.


Doesn't look available to purchase when I go to your etsy store.


Hehe... yeah I saw "one left" and pounced.

Good to see he restocked though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Johnson
United States
Midvale
UT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you doing with the bag and player boards now that you have this insert?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherben15 wrote:
What are you doing with the bag and player boards now that you have this insert?


Player boards fit.

I managed to get the bag to fit by removing and re-arranging I think the Token modifier holder. Or was it the dice holder? Anyway, it can be made to fit, albeit not the most straightforward. Still 100x better than what it was (baggies).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Price
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player boards go in first and then all the inserts stack on top or in the gap left on one end in the box.

After that I put the bag over top of the inserts and the rule book last. Placing the bag so the drawstring hangs in the gap by the Paddock, Recipe insert, results in just about totally flat top

See these unpacking photos -- https://photos.app.goo.gl/xsae8N8LIdesZIhe2

I always try to make things as snug as possible so you can stand the box on end without avalanches.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.