BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [iOS] Several more games on sale today (Dec 23) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Seems like lots of companies want to get in on the holiday sale thing. I own none of these, so can't comment on their quality. Temped to get Exploding Kittens as both the physical and digital version are wildly popular everywhere *except* BGG.

iOS Universal:

Eight Minute Empire $3 (usually $5): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1164894268?uo=4&mt=8&at=10laz...
Steam Rails to Riches: $2 (usually $5): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1016459121?uo=4&mt=8&at=10laz...
Exploding Kittens $1 (usually $2): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1040227414?uo=4&mt=8&at=10laz...

iPad Only (boo):

C&C The Great War $5 (usually $10): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1004606061?uo=4&mt=8&at=10laz...
Knizia's The Confrontation (aka LOTR without the license) $3 (usually $6): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1060966051?uo=4&mt=8&at=10laz...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the deals are also available on Android.

Eight-Minute Empire $3
Steam Rails to Riches $2
Exploding Kittens $1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Flemons
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
If your iPad is full can you purchase a game to be able to download it later when you make room on the iPad?

In other words, can you purchase an iPad app, but not install it, but still have credit you purchased it?

I have a 16gb iPad Air, and only 3 pages of apps, only a third of them are board game apps and it keeps reminding me memory is full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Snider
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can buy sometihng without installing it. Then you can install it later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Flemons
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
weasel wrote:
Yes, you can buy sometihng without installing it. Then you can install it later.

Thank you. I bought The Great War.

I looked at Reiner Knizia's Confrontation, wow, it is huge memory wise at 393MB.

The Great War, at 165MB, is about half the memory of Confrontation.

The BGG weight for the Great War is heavier than Confrontation also, you would think the AI and everything involved for a heavier game like The Great War would be a larger memory app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Novean
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate3473 wrote:
weasel wrote:

Thank you. I bought The Great War.

I looked at Reiner Knizia's Confrontation, wow, it is huge memory wise at 393MB.

The Great War, at 165MB, is about half the memory of Confrontation.

The BGG weight for the Great War is heavier than Confrontation also, you would think the AI and everything involved for a heavier game like The Great War would be a larger memory app.

How do you like The Great War? I'm trying to decide between these 2. The size factor of Confrontation is an issue. The HexWar factor of The Great War is also a consideration as I have been underwhelmed by a bunch of their games which I have purchased. But I do own the boardgame and would like the IOS version to get more plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Flemons
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
calhokie wrote:
How do you like The Great War? I'm trying to decide between these 2. The size factor of Confrontation is an issue. The HexWar factor of The Great War is also a consideration as I have been underwhelmed by a bunch of their games which I have purchased. But I do own the boardgame and would like the IOS version to get more plays.

I haven't played it, just bought it. I actually greatly prefer Ancients warfare and Revolutionary era warfare to WWI, but I like the C&C system, so thought I'd give this a try sometime.

The other HexWar games I'm interested in are: Hold the Line, 1775: Rebellion, and 1812: The Invasion of Canada. Were you referring to any of these apps when you said some of HexWar games underwhelmed you?

I was hoping 1775: Rebellion or 1812: Invasion of Canada would go on sale also. 1775 is $9.99 for iOS, and it's $7.99 for Android.

Yet, 1812: Invasion of Canada is $9.99 for iOS and is $12.99 for Android. This is odd pricing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Novean
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate3473 wrote:
I haven't played it, just bought it. I actually greatly prefer Ancients warfare and Revolutionary era warfare to WWI, but I like the C&C system, so thought I'd give this a try sometime.

The other HexWar games I'm interested in are: Hold the Line, 1775: Rebellion, and 1812: The Invasion of Canada. Were you referring to any of these apps when you said some of HexWar games underwhelmed you?

I was hoping 1775: Rebellion or 1812: Invasion of Canada would go on sale also. 1775 is $9.99 for iOS, and it's $7.99 for Android.

Yet, 1812: Invasion of Canada is $9.99 for iOS and is $12.99 for Android. This is odd pricing.

When I first got my iPad, I purchased Civil War: Stonewall and Peninsular War Battles to build up my collection. They're not bad but not must-play either.

I need to buy more and think less when it comes to $5 game apps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.