Subject: Mitra’s Halo in Clutches of the Picts Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tod Wood
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
I don’t quite understand how this works. I see that Hadrathus begins with the spell cast. However, doesn’t it end at the completion of his first activation? (Since it is defensive, I assume I don’t understand how to use it correctly, as this would mean that it doesn’t serve any purpose). Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
The spell ends when Hadrathus changes stance from "cautious" to "aggressive". So unless Hadrathus is in a cautious stance during the first gameturn he retains the halo (until that happens).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitra's Halo gives you +2 Armor until you change stance from cautious to aggressive. So let's say you start with it activated, then it stays activated until such time as you change your stance from cautious to aggressive... that could last several turns (eg you start turn 1 aggressive (you get the effect throughout your turn and the overlords turn); turn 2 you change your stance to be cautious from aggressive. (you still get the effect for your turn and the overlords); turn 3 you choose to go from cautious to aggressive (you lose the effect until you activate Mitras Halo again)).

Hope this helps

Edit: Ninja'd ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my players will never go cautious with Hadrathus if the Halo is cast. The math works out that you basically just use those extra gems to re-cast it, unless you are going to be resting for more tnan one turn. The effect of the Halo is so good, he never wants to be without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.