Dinosaur Island» Forums » General

Subject: No Second Printing of Deluxe? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone from Pandasaurus confirm that there will not be another printing of this deluxe edition? There is loads of interest, so would be awesome if they did run a second champaign for the deluxe version. Would be nice to know if there was a possibility before people overpay on the secondary market. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W.
United States
Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the KS says this under Deluxe:

"The Deluxe edition comes with everything you see above plus shiny metal coins, special Spot UV on the box, metallic ink on the box, a special numbered edition, and it will never be reproduced for sale again. This will be your only chance to get your hands on the delectable, chrome Deluxe edition of Dinosaur Island!

There will also be some very special stretch goals as the campaign continues that we hope to add exclusively to the deluxe edition of the game. These include custom components that are too expensive to add to the regular edition of the game—we can’t wait to show them to y’all!"

I have the Deluxe though I know they are many people looking for a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hic Sunt Leones
mbmbmbmbmb
On top of the KS page stating they won't have extra copies, one of the designers restated it recently, too.

But if we close our eyes tight and believe hard enough, maybe we could have our own Christmas Miracle. I really want dat slap band.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
msg tools
As a backer of the Deluxe Edition, I despise Kickstarter Exclusives and really wish Pandasaurus would change their minds and allow others to enjoy the Deluxe Experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Deylgat
Belgium
Melle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The aftermarket price on the Deluxe edition is off the charts. I'd rather see Pandasaurus do a second print run, exclusively through Kickstarter. This way, the company can reap the rewards of the public interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Puente
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There have been reports of a Kickstarter next year for people who missed the deluxe version. No one will go on the record but people with inside knowledge have told people to be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been a lot of teasing of upcoming expansion content, too, so a second chance to get the Deluxe through another Kickstarter does sounds pretty plausible.

That could be too long to wait, though. Will this be one of those situations where I buy the retail edition and then trade it away once the Deluxe arrives at some point in the future? Time will tell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Kickstarter exclusives are fine with me if they don't affect gameplay. Upgraded components, included expansions, extra swag and fancy boxes are almost necessary to get people in on that new-new. But when they segment the player base by including things that change the game... it makes me avoid both the Kickstarter and the retail versions.
It just adds to many variables that I would like to avoid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Knight
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If they do an expansion and have the option for a Deluxe, then I will go in. I just played it last night and enjoy it, but I'm not really interested in getting a drastically inferior copy of it, i.e. what sounds like the retail version. I don't need the metal coins, or the shiny box stuff, just the upgraded components.

I'm also not interested in paying the ridiculous prices currently on ebay for the deluxe version. I know a couple people with a copy of the game, so I will get plays in, but I would like to own a good copy of the game at some point with upgraded components.

I like how Scythe did it. You could get the exclusive deluxe version initially, or eventually get the upgraded components separately, so if you missed out on the kickstarter, you could eventually have it complete, eventually, even though it might cost a bit more.

We shall see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordhoban wrote:
I'm not really interested in getting a drastically inferior copy of it

I am trying very hard to get my hands on a reasonably priced copy of the Deluxe edition, because I enjoy ridiculous components, but claiming that cardboard coins and a single type of custom-molded plastic dinosaur meeple is "drastically inferior" is some of the most ridiculously silly BGG absurdity I've seen in a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I missed out on the kickstarter and just went in for the retail version. Definitely hoping for an expansion kickstarter at some point that will also provide a way to get the original extra gameplay components (and the extra swag/minis would be cool too).

Ultimately though I really need a Carnotaurus in this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Knight
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After playing with the variety of dinosaur types, yeah, the retail version is quite inferior to only have a triceratops model.

Also, if you actually read what I wrote, I said I didn't care about the metal coins. But you know, go on and insult me. If that makes you feel better about yourself. It says more about you than me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there were meeples for every dinosaur you can create in the game, I would agree, but when they dont (have to) match, it's all just random. Personally, I would like the coins, but thats sort of where the deluxe version stops being out of this world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Knight
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The coins are rather over the top. I wouldn't mind having them, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

It doesn't have molds for every type of dinosaur in the game, but enough to fit the different types. There is a long neck dino, a T-Rex like shape, and smaller carnivore like shape, and a triceritop shape, and I think 1 more. Having at least some variety makes a difference to me. It makes it more fun.

Having a triceritop shape represent all the dinosaurs would look silly.The deluxe has plenty of variety that you can have different dinosaur shapes for each of your exhibits and not repeat (and have them similar enough to the dino they represent). Maybe that doesn't matter to someone else, but it does for me. That is part of the fun of making my very own Jurassic Park.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh E

Naperville
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that, for me, the dinosaur meeples are the deal-breaker. I really like the different dinosaur types-- not having that in other editions does bother me. I didn't like the look of it with only one meeple type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I flipped the Deluxe Version and bought the retail version for $50. I am hoping meeplesource develops something for the game but I am betting you will be able to get a deluxe edition during the expansion KS (unless Pandosaurus hates money).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or they could instead have an add-on that lets you get a package of different dinos vs a full re print of deluxe. Therefore keeping their word on no reprint of the deluxe and making others that did not get it happy. It seems that almost everyone just wants the variety of different dinos.

Edit: and likely a coin add on.

All that said it would not bother me at all if they did another deluxe reprint, just throwing out other possibilities of what could happen in the KS expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Couch wrote:
Yeah I missed out on the kickstarter and just went in for the retail version. Definitely hoping for an expansion kickstarter at some point that will also provide a way to get the original extra gameplay components (and the extra swag/minis would be cool too).

Ultimately though I really need a Carnotaurus in this game...

This is what I'm hoping for. Hopefully we can get the Dino meeples and metal coins with the expansion KickStarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
I caved and paid a premium for the deluxe so I own 2 copies at the moment. I didn't pay the $200 you see it listed for but a little over $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
I caved and paid a premium for the deluxe so I own 2 copies at the moment. I didn't pay the $200 you see it listed for but a little over $100.

Sounds like a great price! Jealous!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KS exclusives ... *censored*

The thing is, in this case, they left the door open to a certain degree. If they produce a "Special Edition" instead of the "Deluxe Edition", it would work. Skip the metal ink stuff and UV whatever and just put in the fancy dinomeeples and material. Even the metal coins are not that important. It's mostly for the dinos, right? *gg*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.