Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Busse
Belgium
Hasselt
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, We just played our first game tonight. In the last round we had just enough tiles to fill the 9 factories. In fact, there was only 1 tile left in the bag. If no one would have completed his first horizontal line this round, we would have had a problem.
Is it possible that you run out of tiles so that you cannot refill all factories? What to do then? Or were we playing something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You place all the tiles back in the bag and proceed as you usually do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Busse
Belgium
Hasselt
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know. We filled the bag about 3 times before we were running (almost) out of tiles. Probably because all of us were playing on the verticals and all 5 tiles of one color. Even after 8 rounds, the game wasn't finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the rules - you just play with incomplete factory tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Busse
Belgium
Hasselt
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Didn't see that one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eorl Osborne
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But how do you partially fill? do you:
•put 4 on as many as you can, leaving some empty
or
•1 on each factory, then a second, third... on each until the bag is empty.

I've gotten pretty good at grabbing 4 at a time, but then had to redistribute. Which once I could see the colours was hard to do without being possibly biased or accused of bias!

the rules only say
Quote:
In the rare case that you run out of tiles again while there are none left in the lid, start the new round as usual even though not all Factory displays are properly filled.
(edited to add this quote)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Four and a time, I'd say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Four and a time, I'd say.

That's what I'd do to, four on each tile until you run out (meaning you either have one tile with less than four, or an empty tile or a combination of the two), as that is following the normal set up rules as closely as you're able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats what I'd do too. I do think this should be clarified in a future edition of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Denk
msg tools
mb
I'd just like to add that the German rules are (just a tiny bit) clearer on this, since they omit the word "properly". So the more direct English equivalent would be "[...] even though not all Factory displays have been filled."

This suggests that you should indeed fill a single display with what remains in the bag and leave any others empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.