2 Posts

Neuroshima Hex! 3.0» Forums » General

Subject: Tactical + Reinforcements Procedure rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wartopia Wartopia
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can someone please explain the full procedure for the reinforcement/6-tile option?

We think that we understand the tactical set-up option. But we're not entirely clear on the draw, discard, keep procedure (even for the standard game).

So, start of game/setup, I draw 3, discard 1, play 1, keep 1. I now have 1 in my "inventory".

First turn, I draw 6, discard 1, and may play 0 to 2. Let's say I play 1. I now have 5 in my inventory.

How many do I draw in my next turn? Does the inventory count against the draw?

Can tiles in inventory be freely discarded or must they be discarded during the draw process only?

Or just forget everything I state above and provide a full explanation of the tactical+reinforcement process.

Thanks! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wartopia wrote:
So, start of game/setup, I draw 3, discard 1, play 1, keep 1. I now have 1 in my "inventory".

There are no tiles drawn during setup. The non alternate start game simply has special draw rules for the first turn.

In the alternate start game, drawing these three tiles, discarding 1 and playing one / two replaces the normal first set of turns (i.e. draw 1 and play 1 / draw 2 and play 1 or 2). If playing with reinforcements, you would draw 6 instead of 3.

First turn: the first player draws 6, discards 1, and plays 0-1 (discarding or saving the rest). Second player (and any others) draw 6, discards 1, and plays 0-2 (discarding or saving the rest).
Following turns: Each player draws up to a "hand" of 6, discards 1, and plays 0-2 (discarding or saving the rest).

If not playing with Reinforcements, replace "6" with "3".

Quote:
First turn, I draw 6, discard 1, and may play 0 to 2. Let's say I play 1. I now have 5 in my inventory.

If this is the first turn, you would end up with 4 in "inventory" (6 drawn - 1 discarded - 1 played = 4 remaining). You can only play 0 or 1 if you are the first player.

Quote:
How many do I draw in my next turn? Does the inventory count against the draw?

You draw up to a "hand" of 6 (or 3 for non-reinforcement game). Any that you have in front of you count as part of your "hand". So if you have 5 in front of you, you only draw 1. If you discarded all tiles at the end of your last turn, you would draw 6 (or 3 for non-reinforcement).

Quote:
Can tiles in inventory be freely discarded or must they be discarded during the draw process only?

Except for the Unlucky Draw rule (i.e. all tiles in "hand" are Instant), you may only discard after drawing (and during your turn only).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.