Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recognize that some of you don't care about the content in the Estrella Drive expansion, but that some of you might care.

We just finished playing our copy of Estrella Drive. We have put stickers over the nudity and the most graphic violence. We also took a sharpie to the cards that had swearing on them.
We left in all the drug references and the pg-13 style blood.

If you are somebody who legitimately won't get a chance to play this expansion without it being edited, I'd like to give you a chance to play it....this isn't to give the expansion to someone who doesn't care about the content.

Post in this thread that you're interested in it. I'll choose a random person to get a copy of it. I just ask that you think about paying it forward to someone else by giving them a chance to play it as well.

Since I'll cover the shipping, I probably won't send it internationally...just US residents.

Please, please if you disagree with the editing of the cards/art/words, do not come in this thread and tell us so. I get that there are some who have different sensibilities and respect that...I'm just asking you to do the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
I recognize that some of you don't care about the content in this expansion, but that some of you might care.

We just finished playing our copy of this expansion. We have put stickers over the nudity and the most graphic violence. We also took a sharpie to the cards that had swearing on them.

If you are somebody who legitimately won't get a chance to play this expansion without it being edited, I'd like to give you a chance to play it....this isn't to give the expansion to someone who doesn't care about the content.

Post in this thread that you're interested in it. I'll choose a random person to get a copy of it. I just ask that you think about paying it forward to someone else by giving them a chance to play it as well.

Since I'll cover the shipping, I probably won't send it internationally...just US residents.

Please, please if you disagree with the editing of the cards/art/words, do not come in this thread and tell us so. I get that there are some who have different sensibilities and respect that...I'm just asking you to do the same.

In which expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Pearce
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about Estrella Drive (or Asylum)? If it is ED, I would like to put my name in for the edited copy and would be happy to send it along afterward.

RECEIVED: January 10, 2018.
SENT TO: joshhove January 17, 2018.

WYLDGaming was next on the list but wasn't ready to play it yet.

Thank you, primtim34, we had a great time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
primtim34 wrote:
I recognize that some of you don't care about the content in this expansion, but that some of you might care.

We just finished playing our copy of this expansion. We have put stickers over the nudity and the most graphic violence. We also took a sharpie to the cards that had swearing on them.

In which expansion?

Estrella Drive...edited to reflect that in OP. Thanks for pointing it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Sturgill
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Aka WYLD Reviews on Youtube!
badge
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WYLDGaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to put my name in to receive this as I have a young teen who is very active in our gaming group. I have to edit things on occassion so that he can be a part of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hove
msg tools
I’m interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jt Crawford
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Wait, so Time Stories has nudity?

Crap... My friend's wife is super anal about that! (I tend to avoid it anyway for religious reasons)

How much is there? How bad? Male? Female? Does covering it up screw with the story?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sacr3dscars wrote:

Crap... My friend's wife is super anal about that! (I tend to avoid it anyway for religious reasons)

How much is there? How bad? Male? Female? Does covering it up screw with the story?

The Estrella Drive expansion has one card with female nudity. She is naked and you see the side of her from the waist down and there is full frontal nudity. I had a friend who doesn't play the game and isn't opposed to any of this kind of stuff edit it for me. Seemed to have no impact on the game (we finished it and this didn't seem to matter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sacr3dscars wrote:

Irony?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing the random drawing tonight. There are only 3 of you so far so pretty good odds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
teri pastorino
United States
California
flag msg tools
We are a huge board gaming family! That said I wouldn't let me High School kids play an unedited version - I had no idea the content on this expansion. I would love a chance to have the edited copy to play - otherwise, I wouldn't buy it. Thanks for sharing/paying it forward. Great idea. -Teri

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Higgs
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think that's a good idea to edit it to fit the audience! I'm interested.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jt Crawford
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Understood. What about the base game? Any there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sacr3dscars wrote:
Understood. What about the base game? Any there?

It's been a while since I've played the base scenario, but if I recall correctly, there is one card where a woman is topless but her hair is covering up part of her chest...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just did a random number generator and the number it spit out was 1. So, Steph, looks like I'll send the game your way. Hope you enjoy it and get a chance to play it and send it on to somebody else from this list interested in an edited copy!

PM me your information and I'll get it sent out next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Pearce
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Message sent.

Thank you so much for offering this!

I will try to get it played ASAP and send it along to the next person on the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam hurst
Australia
flag msg tools
sacr3dscars wrote:

At first I thought you were being punny then realised you were being serious. You could always sleeve it with a printed text based description covering it though I highly doubt it would have any effect on story unless a tattoo was in the region.

Kudos to all of you sharing around the expansion so everyone can enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stephaniepa wrote:
Message sent.

I will try to get it played ASAP and send it along to the next person on the list.

Just wondering if you ever got the game and have had the chance to play it yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Pearce
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
stephaniepa wrote:
Message sent.

Just wondering if you ever got the game and have had the chance to play it yet...

Yes! Thanks!

Sorry, you must have missed my edit. I edited my first post in this thread to say I got it, played it, and sent it to the next person on the list (WYLDGaming said he wasn't quite ready for it yet).

We had a great time with this one, although probably not for the reasons the designer had in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stephaniepa wrote:
primtim34 wrote:
stephaniepa wrote:
Message sent.

Yes! Thanks!

Sorry, you must have missed my edit. I edited my first post in this thread to say I got it, played it, and sent it to the next person on the list (WYLDGaming said he wasn't quite ready for it yet).

We had a great time with this one, although probably not for the reasons the designer had in mind.

I didn't see the edit...glad you got to play it. Hope the editing was sufficient and didn't ruin the experience (sure didn't for us). Hope joshhove is having a good time with it! Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Pearce
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
I didn't see the edit...glad you got to play it.
My fault--I should have sent a PM. Apologies!

primtim34 wrote:
Hope the editing was sufficient and didn't ruin the experience (sure didn't for us).
The editing was very tastefully done. Didn't ruin a thing!
primtim34 wrote:
Hope joshhove is having a good time with it!

Yes, me too. I haven't heard from him, so I'm unsure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.