Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ending a campaign; rules regarding automa - persona and start benefits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
After scoring all players including my automa, I'm instructed to put all original persona cards in the archive (card 375). Afterwards the new automa rule (card 162) tells me to "Place the 6 Automa persona cards in the Scriptorium." What is this referring to? Are these the 6 original persona cards I just put in the archive?

The Automa don't actually use any abilities from a persona card, do they?So, just putting the 6 original persona cards in their boxes to be used as automa should be fine, right? They are just to put on the table beside the automa minions for future games, right?

As for the start minions and benefit for the automa, I would prefer it got determined randomly as it may make a difference which minions/objective cards/advancement cards are no longer available for human players to use. Just a suggestion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original personas referred to are the ones from game one, that have no abilities. They are no longer needed.

All other persona cards, including any put into the archive, are put together to form a persona deck.

At the end of game 11 you would have pulled out 6 persona cards for the automa, which have end of game benefits. These are used by the automa in all games moving forward.

Post campaign for minions just give the automa two minions in total. I think it's in the post campaign rules update (i am not at home to check), but if not then team automa has talked about it. - that discussion was about how many minions to use if playing with 5 automa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:
The original personas referred to are the ones from game one, that have no abilities. They are no longer needed.

All other persona cards, including any put into the archive, are put together to form a prrsona deck.

At the end of game 11 you would have pulled out 6 persona cards for the automa, which have end of game benefits. These are used by the automa in all games moving forward.

Post campaign for minions just give the automa two minions in total. I think it's in the post campaign rules update (i am not at home to check), but if not then team automa has talked about it.

Thanks, but I don't get it. At the end of game 11, I pulled out 12 persona cards, 6 of which got chosen by the 6 players and the other 6 went into the Archive. Which 6 are considered to be automa persona cards and where does it say this? I don't see this defined anywhere.

So you're saying the 6 persona cards that have end of game benefits are considered "Automa persona"? One gets randomly given to each automa and scored at the end of the game?

All I see on the FAQ is to add all 12 of the personas cards 363-374 that got revealed in game 11 to the new persona deck. It doesn't talk at all about keeping 6 of them out to be automa persona cards.

And please, what do you mean by "then team automa has talked about it." Are you on the team? What team?

Thanks for all your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the back page of the automa rulebook, There is a list of automa rules that change during the campaign dependent on rules changes, and of course the list of how the automa interacts with the various guideposts.

Guidepost 410/411 tell you to extract the automa persona cards at the end of the game, giving them to the automa instead of the player ones that are also drawn at that time. They are cards 393-398

Team Automa are the guys who designed the automa for Scythe, and while they aren't directly credited for the Charterstone automa, members of that team (Morten Monrad Pedersen & David Studley) are the ones who designed it, and make frequent posts on bgg.

Finally, the updated rules for the automa post campaign tell you to give the automa 1 automa persona card (randomly) and 2 minions (it doesn't matter which ones).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:
Guidepost 410/411 tell you to extract the automa persona cards at the end of the game, giving them to the automa instead of the player ones that are also drawn at that time. They are cards 393-398

Ah, that's what I missed completely. I hadn't read that direction at all and now I see that these persona cards say "automa" on them. That would have changed my last 2 games and final scores. Too bad. I thought I was being careful and that would be the only rule I know to have missed. Thanks so much. Now everything is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries Good that we got it all sorted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:
No worries Good that we got it all sorted.

Israel is an honorary member of Team Automa. Thanks again, Israel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:
Team Automa are the guys who designed the automa for Scythe, and while they aren't directly credited for the Charterstone automa, members of that team (Morten Monrad Pedersen & David Studley) are the ones who designed it, and make frequent posts on bgg.

Morten started a company called Automa Factory that designs solo modes. Lines and I work with him frequently, as does a loose collective of others who help out with the process. We casually call ourselves Team Automa. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.