Hide
11 Posts

Siege Storm» Forums » General

Subject: Starter deck are different sizes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Pfeiffer
msg tools
Random question, I got my copy and it looks cool and all, but is the styxia starter deck only supposed to be 30 cards while the seraphia deck is 34?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Świerkot
Poland
flag msg tools
Nope, both decks should have 34 cards - those are so called "starting decks" so something that we would propose as your first game. After few games just take whatever combination you want.

You want to look at green symbol at the bottom of the card (Green = starting deck). Please double check

Or maybe that is some pity illusion from Seraphia to make your Styxia horde less powerful. Don't let them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pfeiffer
msg tools
Yes, it seems my remaining styxia starter cards are hiding under the rest of the white cards. My other question is when can the starters be bought, as my friend really enjoyed the game but the website's shop link doesn't seem to work. It would really help as there aren't others in the area and I would like to start doing ranked games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Świerkot
Poland
flag msg tools
Shroomofinsanity wrote:
Yes, it seems my remaining styxia starter cards are hiding under the rest of the white cards. My other question is when can the starters be bought, as my friend really enjoyed the game but the website's shop link doesn't seem to work. It would really help as there aren't others in the area and I would like to start doing ranked games.

We will probably publish it within first 2 weeks of new year.

Meanwhile sharing your feedback on the game (whether on BGG rating or a quick post) will help spreading the word Thou we will send around 12 000 copies with Lords of Hellas within next 6 month total, so we hope that population of players will grow strongly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armando Avallone
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks by the way for the starter! I was pleasantly surprised to see it come with my KS of LoH. Great stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zola Suwaro
msg tools
I agree with Armando, its a fun quick game and it only fuels my passion for Card games. I hope more people in my country are picking it up as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
The Plains
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've seen this game described as both a trading card game and a collectible card game. Is that for convenience sake, or are you planning to have a distribution model like most CCGS with blind and randomized boosters? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Slugocki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
SuperMike3288 wrote:
I've seen this game described as both a trading card game and a collectible card game. Is that for convenience sake, or are you planning to have a distribution model like most CCGS with blind and randomized boosters? Thanks!

That's a great question. The only thing that stops me from buying this game is the fear of having to buy randomized boosters that are overpriced. I would love for this game to have expansions, but expansions that are not blind-buys. I think even Wizkids decided recently to stop making those boosters with the announcement of the WH40k Dice Masters implementation, so please have that in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Szww
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids did not stop making blind boosters, thay've just announced new products in boxed set line... and we have already seen those before :]

I like blind boosters, but surely do not want them to be overpriced :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Mienso wrote:
SuperMike3288 wrote:

That's a great question. The only thing that stops me from buying this game is the fear of having to buy randomized boosters that are overpriced. I would love for this game to have expansions, but expansions that are not blind-buys. I think even Wizkids decided recently to stop making those boosters with the announcement of the WH40k Dice Masters implementation, so please have that in mind.

The random boosters is what killed my strong interest in DiceMasters and my renewed interest in HeroClix....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
The Plains
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The website for the game mentions boosters, so they're aiming to go the MtG distribution route. Unfortunate, but I'm sure they have their business reasons for the choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.