6 Posts

Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom» Forums » General

Subject: 6 Players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What issues should I expect to face if we play a 6 player game or should I kick some people out because this game is more important than friendship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Frost
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
H I L A R I O U S

(But, obviously, the game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
Real talk here: the fact that you like this game means you're the kind of person who will have an easy time of making new friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
msg tools
Seriously, I think 6 would be bad. Apart from the crushing downtime, you'd have to come up with some house rules for parties of 5+, and for resolving more than one danger card per turn, because if the danger level is only going up 1 per turn, but you've got two parties of three kicking it back down, the game is going to be too slow and too easy.

Better to split into two tables, or two different nights. I think it's OK to tell both groups they're your favorite.

EDIT: sometimes I words
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One possibility is to run the 6 party group as a modified 3 player game.

1) When in combat, three characters are draw at random to play that combat. Then, for the next combat, the other 3 characters must fight.
Repeat this after every 2 combats.

2) For overland movement and decisions, make one person the Commander. That Commander tells people what the party will be doing (including splitting up if necessary, but into no more than 3 groups).
Then, after the actions, the other 5 players vote if he did the right thing. If 3 vote against him, he must pass the title of Commander to one of the players who voted against him.

This encourages collaboration, but adds a bit of politics to the game.

Good luck and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Äaberg
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like if it was the right six people you could do it - but our games even get lost occasionally with four players - but we tend to play from deep behind the fog of war - which keeps on regenerating - so much fog - & then we get foggy & start coming up with new ideas for the game - which is very fun - but the "whose turn is it?" goes on quite a bit. So six players seems like it would just add to this problem - including the amount of war fog going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.