Matt Taylor
Australia
ARTARMON
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for some clarification on the total number of scenarios in the box? Many forum posts, comments and other info indicates there is one scenario, though often referred to as "new" While the product description claims this contains CotW and FA content, but is that just the tiles/figures/investigators, no 1st Ed. scenarios?

Are the original 1st Ed. scenarios included here or not? I do not have any 1st Ed. and it seems this might mainly be a way to convert 1st editions to be playable in 2nd editions.

Thanks........Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
The box contains all the figures and tiles from the 1st Edition expansions. They can be used in 2nd Edition scenarios.

Having these figures and tiles also allows you to play one new scenario for 2nd Edition called The Dunwich Horror.

Currently, no 1st Edition scenarios have been "ported over" to 2nd Edition. There is no way to play 1st Edition scenarios in 2nd Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Taylor
Australia
ARTARMON
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the detailed answer Chris.

One scenario seems a bit disappointing then.
Seems a waste to let those 1st Ed. scenarios wither away and not be adapted to 2nd Ed. play especially for late comers to MoM such as myself who will never play those scenarios now. I gather the cost to convert to APP-friendly wasn't worth the investment, There are new expansions coming out so no point complaining too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

Having these figures and tiles also allows you to play one new scenario for 2nd Edition called The Dunwich Horror.

Just a quick correction - the Dunwich Horror is one of the new monsters. The new scenario that comes with Suppressed Memories is called Cult Of Sentinel Hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.