Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stated play time range is very large. Does it vary a great deal dep on scenario or # of players? In a typical scenario, is it closer to (or over) 240 than 60?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Varies greatly. I run large teams (4-10) and have played 90 mins and 4 hours. Usually in between. 2 to 2.5 hours seems our sweet-spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Shaffstall
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group of 9 usually runs around three hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 4 players including setup and cleanup about 4 hours on average for us.

Some missions are much faster say 2 hours and a few go 5 hours.

I will sometimes choose 2 simpler missions and run them back to back on a game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Play time is really malleable. My regular playtest group loves to micromanage every action so each Phase takes a long time. I've played at conventions where the people just want to get to the action faster so it goes faster. When I play an unmoderated solo mission, it takes less than an hour because I know what I'm doing and there's no discussion.

I try to speed up the game to accommodate players that want the game to move briskly without railroading the players who like to think it through.

Another factor to consider is that some people just like to be in the environment. They aren't in a hurry to get the game done. They enjoy the ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
Another factor to consider is that some people just like to be in the environment. They aren't in a hurry to get the game done. They enjoy the ride.

This is an important observation. Thanks for making it. I think this’ll be a new signature quote for me!

There is nothing worse for me than being hurried along by more experienced players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.