Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: 2 player coop - how many characters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eike Meyer
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
Moin!
badge
Moin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am about to start the campaign with my wife. Would it be better to play 1 or 2 heroes each (and why)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hoffmann
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Elke,

as far as I can see after playing 3 games with 3 or 4 characters, the game is significantly longer and more difficult with 4. Because you lay out more monster tokens at the begin and starting with 4 characters also an extra monster, when you draw events.
3 seems to be the sweet spot, but 2 seems to me the way better option for me.

Also take a tank or a tanky healer with you, to make life easier. And be prepared, that you will have to look up a lot of stuff, during your first game.

But enjoy the games following the first.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fahad Malallah
Kuwait
flag msg tools
mbmb
Andilian wrote:
Hello Elke,

as far as I can see after playing 3 games with 3 or 4 characters, the game is significantly longer and more difficult with 4. Because you lay out more monster tokens at the begin and starting with 4 characters also an extra monster, when you draw events.
3 seems to be the sweet spot, but 2 seems to me the way better option for me.

Also take a tank or a tanky healer with you, to make life easier. And be prepared, that you will have to look up a lot of stuff, during your first game.

But enjoy the games following the first.


can you please tell me where in the rule book the highlighted above is stated

thanks

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Geek2Be wrote:

can you please tell me where in the rule book the highlighted above is stated

thanks



It's on the event card. The formula is based on number of players.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fahad Malallah
Kuwait
flag msg tools
mbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Geek2Be wrote:

can you please tell me where in the rule book the highlighted above is stated

thanks



It's on the event card. The formula is based on number of players.


ty
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
More monster pressure with 4. More time/objective pressure with 2.

((Also - at 4, you spawn the same number of monsters at 3 - you just lay out more shadows. So earlier poster is wrong about this. Having played at both, I find that 4 is actually probably easier than 3.))

More generally, you can specialize more at higher player counts. At 2, you both need to be able to hold your own in a fight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with two, at least for the first couple games, because you will have enough to keep track of. No need to burden yourself more than necessary.

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exik Exik
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
RezardVareth wrote:
More monster pressure with 4. More time/objective pressure with 2.

((Also - at 4, you spawn the same number of monsters at 3 - you just lay out more shadows. So earlier poster is wrong about this. Having played at both, I find that 4 is actually probably easier than 3.))


Actually the post above is correct. In some event cards and also at certain events in the Book of secrets the spawn formula is the same no matter how many heroes are in play. So the number of monsters to spawn might differ based on how many heroes are in play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.