Subject: Cards that activate only once rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thiago Cordeiro
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
About cards with the "ligthning symbol" (ones that resolve immediately), rules specifically indicate to activate the card effect on Buying Phase and place the card in loading area (discarding only in Loading Phase). This is because should be evidenced that the player has bought at least one card, not to take one more income coin on Loading Phase.

But the cards with the "one symbol" (activate only once) and "question mark symbol" (that can occour in any phase) dont have this indication (the "one symbol" even says "As soon as it is used, the card is discarded
to the box"). Is it means that, for example, if I only buy one of this card and use it still in Buying Phase, I discard it so I can take one more income coin on Loading Phase because I dont have cards on my loading area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No, the bonus income is only if you didn't win an auction. Keeping a card is just a way to help you remember this but doesn't impact the actual game. If you are keeping used cards to remember, then you should do so with the "discard to box" ones as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.