Subject: Team Combos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Foster
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
My friends and I have played Legendary several times. Aside from the beginner setup, every Mastermind/Hero/Villain decks we pick are extremely difficult and not balanced.

Is there a list with recommendations of the best combinations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always found these combos challenges great.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1008529/weekly-challeng...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Taylor
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these exclusively for setup and some combinations are harder than others. I don't think the heroes should always win but at least be close in a lose. Villains would never make a name for themselves if they always lost. Some times it's just not the heroes day. Shuffle it up and play the same again to find combo's missed the first play through.

Legendary Randomizer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ctgilley.m...

Assemble: Legendary Randomizer
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/assemble-legendary-randomize...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamergeek wrote:
My friends and I have played Legendary several times. Aside from the beginner setup, every Mastermind/Hero/Villain decks we pick are extremely difficult and not balanced.

Are you playing with 4-5 players?

It is known for being harder with higher player counts. I know what some people do with 4-5 players is have 1-2 rounds of recruiting before playing any cards from the Villain deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Foster
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
We usually play with 3-4 players. At times the heroes seem really underpowered and we cannot come close to defeating the villains much less the mastermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
boardgamergeek wrote:

Are you playing with 4-5 players?

It is known for being harder with higher player counts. I know what some people do with 4-5 players is have 1-2 rounds of recruiting before playing any cards from the Villain deck.

This is actually an official rule now in the Enounters rulebook.

4p gets one full turn from all players before playing a card from the Villain deck. 5p gets two full turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play 3 player a lot, and used to played a good bit of 4 player too when we just had the core set. I have to say that with just the base game, we never found 3 player to be that difficult over all. 4 was a bit tougher, but overall we still had pretty high win percentage. It may be that instead of a specific setup, maybe you just need to make the game a little easier while you get used to how to play it.

1) Red Skull is definitely the easiest Mastermind. Lowest Attack and a beneficial Master Strike (usually.)

2) Sentinels and Doombots make a good Henchman because they KO things. I think the Savage Land Mutates are good too.

3) The Legacy Virus is probably the hardest scheme. I think that Killbots is one of the easiest.

4) You can put extra cards in the Villain deck to make it easier. Add extra bystanders to make it easier, unless you are doing the Bank Robbery scheme. You can also add an extra Henchman group.

5) Slip each player a Maria Hill or two instead of SHIELD Agents.

You can try some of these things, and as you get more proficient at the game, then start removing them to play the game at normal difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamergeek wrote:
We usually play with 3-4 players. At times the heroes seem really underpowered and we cannot come close to defeating the villains much less the mastermind.

Do you play full coop or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Foster
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
We play coop mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamergeek wrote:
We play coop mode.

Do you as a team try to pick heroes that would work with your deck only or you pay attention and do not take heroes that would be more of a good use in the deck of another player?

Could you give a exemple of a combination that did not work in terms of Mastermind/Villains/Heroes and of course the scheme?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not meant to be offensive, but are you playing it right?

Sometimes new players get confused and think they have to defeat Villains with the Attack from a single card, rather than each card generating points for a pool of Attack that can be drawn on to fight Villains?

If you were playing it that way the Heroes would definitely seem under-powered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Foster
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
We try to but cards that work well together with previous cards we purchased.

Unfortunately I do not have examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.