Subject: Summons cursed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The enemy curses all enemy targets within range.

Both myself and my summons is within this enemies range. Do I shuffle 2 curse cards into my deck?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
The enemy curses all enemy targets within range.

Both myself and my summons is within this enemies range. Do I shuffle 2 curse cards into my deck?

Thanks.

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack... times 3 then.

I'm sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, player summons are considered allies of the players (and enemies of the monsters), which can have beneficial effects (boosting some of the Scoundrel's abilities, for example) but also negative effects, such as in the case of curses.

Summons use the attack modifier deck of the player that summoned them, and thus curses (and blesses) are added to the summoner's deck when the summoned creature is targeted by those effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love my mindthief summons but on occasion they can really be a liability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious as to the answer to this question as well. Would it make a difference if the summons were not capable of attack? I have the ability to have 2 different summoned "things". One can attack, the other cannot so would never pull from the attack modifier deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No difference. Still slapped with a curse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu-Chu Li
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I could choose to discard my summon ability card to avoid the curse by asking the summon to suicide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always cancel an ability card or item card, although they become exhausted or consumed.

The summons thing is a 2-way street though

For instance, the Spellweaver in my group absolutely loves

Spoiler (click to reveal)
me (Sun Keeper)
because in the first turn, she can put out 3 summons adjacent to me and I can "bless all adjacent allies," thus putting 4 Bless Cards in her deck, as well as 1 in our Scoundrel's deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
li042127054 wrote:
I guess I could choose to discard my summon ability card to avoid the curse by asking the summon to suicide?

Yes. And the RAW states you can remove persistent abilities at "any time". So yeah, right before you'd get the curse if your summon is the target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Daemon6 wrote:
li042127054 wrote:

Yes. And the RAW states you can remove persistent abilities at "any time". So yeah, right before you'd get the curse if your summon is the target.

What are the timing rules on removing persistent abilities?
Could you interrupt a monster's ability?
say, for instance, the current monster ability is "move 3, curse all adjacent enemies". The monster's turn comes up, their focus is your summon, so they would move towards it. Could you then dismiss your summon before the curse goes off? or would you have to dismiss it before the monster started his action (which would cause it to focus on another target)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P.25 Rulebook under Active Bonuses

"If there are no conditions specified or positions marked, the card may remain in the player’s active area for the rest of the scenario and can be removed from play at any time by placing it in the lost pile."

Probably best to remove the Summon before the monster starts moving otherwise probably game breaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Moura
msg tools
Well I might be wrong here but I believe moving and attacking for a monster aren't actualy separate actions, since they dont have a 2 halves card like players do they only realy have 1 attack action wich may or may not include a move as part of it when the card has the move line. And they always move first because you resolve cards top to bottom so the monsters only move first cause the move line is always on topp of the attack line.

Why Im saying all of this, well because this means you can't dismiss your summon after the monster move cause youd be doing it while he is resolving his attack action and if the action already started it has to be seen trough, this game isn't suposed to have interrupt action as far as I know. You could do it right before he starts moving or right after he attacks tough. Thats how I interprete the whole situation tough, I might be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
We might be obsessing a bit over a theoretical fringe case, here.

I'm pretty sure that 96% (ie.: Random slightly under 100% number) of the time, dispelling a pet to prevent getting cursed is an unwise call.

You're trading a curse for (slightly over pet's hit points) damage. If it's a pet that attacks, it even has chances of triggering the curse itself. Either way, losing a card to prevent a curse will rarely be worth it. (Unless you're the last one standing, and need to finish the last mob off with your final attack before exhausting)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd rather possibly take one or two more hits than have a higher possibility of my big attacks whiffing.

but it depends on your playstyle and the situation. And it is nice to know what options are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.