Subject: Order of action - spot for gaining 2 dollars and rerolling dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use the board action to gain 2 dollars and reroll any dice desired, and by gaining 2 dollars you gain 2 new dice from bonus spot on money track, can you roll the new dice you gained first (as you always do when getting new dice), and then use the reroll for the new dice just gained, if desired? Bonus actions say they occur immediately upon reaching the bonus spot on the track, and timing of the reroll is not specific. I was inclined to allow it, although I could see the argument for not allowing it, since the new dice were not owned when the worker spot was used, but as a result of the money gained from it. Many thanks for any thoughts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question, but I would allow it. Why? Because this game is all about combos. Do this to unlock that, which allows you to trade in for X. It's in the spirit of the game and isn't explicitly prohibited, so I think it's permissible. When you go there, the first thing you do is gain two money, which if that unlocks the spot on the money track that gets you two new dice, then you have new dice to re-roll do you not? That's the way I see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Great question, but I would allow it. Why? Because this game is all about combos. Do this to unlock that, which allows you to trade in for X. It's in the spirit of the game and isn't explicitly prohibited, so I think it's permissible. When you go there, the first thing you do is gain two money, which if that unlocks the spot on the money track that gets you two new dice, then you have new dice to re-roll do you not? That's the way I see it.

I agree with Evan, specifically because the 2 coins is written first on the reroll space. So you'd gain the 2 coins, resolve any consequences of that, then continue on with the original placement. That's how we've been playing everything.

For example, just yesterday, I played a tile that granted a boat movement, which gave me a palace action, which I used for a dancer to gain 2 dice and a yield, which I then placed connected to the tile I just placed, then resolved that new yield tile for 6 coins, since you resolve the tile just placed and THEN the yields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tactitles wrote:
If you use the board action to gain 2 dollars and reroll any dice desired, and by gaining 2 dollars you gain 2 new dice from bonus spot on money track, can you roll the new dice you gained first (as you always do when getting new dice), and then use the reroll for the new dice just gained, if desired? Bonus actions say they occur immediately upon reaching the bonus spot on the track, and timing of the reroll is not specific. I was inclined to allow it, although I could see the argument for not allowing it, since the new dice were not owned when the worker spot was used, but as a result of the money gained from it. Many thanks for any thoughts!

Emphasis mine. I think that is the justification for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.