Popular Tags: [View All]
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
This hairstyle was fun for a day, but tooooo much hair for my tastes.
mbmbmbmbmb

15 Players

DUSK: 9:30PM BGG
DAWN: 10:00PM BGG

This is Irina's set and she'd like to play in it, so here we go! This is her next interation of the experiment after talking to people, and the set is now what we're going to run, so sign up or don't based on what you think!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SET:

Evil:

2 Werewolves (share a chat) (kill a player nightly)

1 Cub (on death of first werewolf becomes aware of surviving wolf, promotes on death of second werewolf)

1 Sorceror (blind) (Y/N seer)

1 Cultist (knows identities of other evils)

---------------------------------------------

Good:

2 Lovers (share a chat) (die together, share an Y/N aux evil view)

1 Seer (Y/N wolf)

1 Martyr (optional protect)

6 Vanillagers (no special abilities)

-===============================================-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Scoop of Strawberry 2
Pre

ROLE SPECIFICS

Wolf- You are evil. You win with evil. You count for evil parity. Evil wins by achieving parity with good (equal amount of parity evils and other players). There are 2 werewolves in this set. You share a chat with the other wolf and know each-other's identities. You do not know the identities of any non-wolf evils. You control the night kill. Both wolves can enter a night kill order, and the last order entered before deadline (before 10:00PMBGG) will take effect. If no kill order is entered for the entire day, a random non-wolf will be nightkilled. I advise using placeholders. No wolves are brutal in this set.

Cub - You are evil, you win with evil. You do not count for evil parity unless you promote. When the first werewolf dies, the mod will inform you who the living werewolf is. When the second werewolf dies, you will promote to a full werewolf yourself. You do NOT promote if you are targeted for the nightkill, you would die instead. The cub is viewed as an aux evil before promotion, and as a werewolf after promotion.

Sorceror- You are evil. You win with evil. You DO NOT count for evil parity. Evil wins by achieving parity with good (equal amount of parity evils and other players). Each night, you may view a player and learn whether that player "IS the seer" or "is NOT the seer." If you do not enter a view order, you will not receive one. You do NOT know the identities of any other evils. You may enter a view order at any time after the start of the game, and the last order entered before deadline (before 10:00PMBGG) will take effect. If no view order is entered for the entire day, no view will be returned. I advise using placeholders. On night zero, you will be told one random non-seer. Note that view specifically for the Seer, and not for the lovers, despite their view.

Cultist- You are evil. You win with evil. You DO NOT count for evil parity. Evil wins by achieving parity with good (equal amount of parity evils and other players). You know the identities of ALL other evils, but not which player has which role, at the start of the game. You have no night actions or other powers apart from this inside knowledge.

//

Lover- You are good. You win with good. You count as GOOD for parity purposes. Good wins by eliminating all werewolves. You are one of 2 lovers in the game. You share a chat with your lover, and both of you are guaranteed to be GOOD. When one of you dies, the other will die at the same time. Each night, you share a joint view for aux evil. The last valid order put in as of 10pm BGG, no matter who entered it, will be processed. On n0, you will be informed of a random person is NOT aux evil.

Seer - You are good. You win with good. You count as GOOD for parity purposes. Good wins by eliminating all werewolves. Each night, you may view a player and learn whether that player "IS a wolf" or "is NOT a wolf." If you do not enter a view order, you will not receive one. You may enter a view order at any time after the start of the game, and the last order entered before deadline (before 10:00PMBGG) will take effect. If no view order is entered for the entire day, no view will be returned. I advise using placeholders. On night zero, you will be told one random non-wolf.

Martyr - You are good. You win with good. You count as GOOD for parity purposes. Good wins by eliminating all werewolves. You may choose to protect someone each night, and if they are targeted for the night kill, you will die in their place. Your protect is optional, and you DO NOT have to use it. You may enter a protect order at any time after the start of the game, and the last order entered before deadline (before 10:00PMBGG) will take effect. If no valid protection order is in, no one will be protected. If you DO NOT wish to protect someone, please cancel any previous order as your order will persist from day to day once set.

Villager - You are good. You win with good. You count as GOOD for parity purposes. Good wins by eliminating all werewolves. You have no night actions or other powers apart from your vote and your skills of deduction.

AGAIN:

Evil wins by achieving parity with good (equal amount of werewolves and other players).

Good wins by eliminating all werewolves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Tok Meta Rules

- Tok's participation rules are in play, which means: you must post every day, you must vote (or state you are not voting on purpose) every day, and you must keep up with your orders. If you have an order that should be used every day (seer views count, martyr protects don't), you must have a valid placeholder order in to be considered having played for the day.

- Exceptions and leeway can be granted with advanced notice to the mod and to the thread. If you know you won't be back until 3 hours before lynch, but you WILL be back, speak up!

- Due to the nature of night games, there will not be a formal proof of life time. Communicate your availability to me, and I will be communicating what you are missing to be considered playing the game. As long as I'm confident you are participating, we'll get on fine.

- Don't delete posts ever, don't edit vote posts, don't edit posts without leaving an explanation of what you changed.

- Don't quote mod chat or use things about how the mod explained things to you or timestamps as part of an interrogation or argument.

- Good treatment of other players is mandatory. If something you are doing is bothering someone, even if you think it shouldn't be a problem, knock it off. If you feel abused or feel someone is abusing this rule to censor you, talk to me via mod chat or GM.

- Dead chat will be informally spoiled as we go along. Spectators are welcome to join dead chat.

- Don't yell at dead people in thread in a serious way. They can't talk back, they've flipped already, and whatever is said can contribute to thread tension, but that tension can't be broken naturally. By all means, explore their posts for what it means for their team, but anything someone has done that has impacted your game is better discussed in the post-game when it can be outside roles and a two way discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
acox89
ActionJezus
GaiusJC
Irina_Phoenix
janiera
Jdw1710
kendahlj
Limeztone
ljtrigirl
maytheodds
Mimikyu
Nephini
nolemonplease
PaperF
stonecutter129

15 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1906636

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note: this game will SCHEDULE when full. That means when we have 13 players, we will pick a start day that works for Irina and hopefully a majority of the rest of the people who sign up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.
badge
But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.
mbmbmb
Thanks!! OMG, I want ice cream...... *drool*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Scoop of Strawberry 3
Irina, I went and dug up some info from the past run. You hadn't changed it yet, but were considering these changes:

Going to 15 players
Adding a tinker villager
??? on what that does to evil

Basically, the weakness is the villager number is a little low.

I also checked, and the set had unadvertised night zero views, so I added those into the rules formally.

This is 10:30pm talking, heh, and I'll get back with some formal suggestions for the ???.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played past runs of this set but it seems to be claim/math-wise a single serving with two villagers replaced with two lovers, which seems to kind of crush the mislynch pool, and the good specials aren't particularly claimable for evil.
I would swap hunter for two villagers if I were making adjustments, or just really buff evil by doing something like converting both auxes into wolves, since almost all of the time an aux is going to be claiming villager in this set anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up for funnies, but will drop if it will bug people that I won't be here for deadlines, ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

THE SET:

Evil:

2 Werewolves (share a chat) (kill a player nightly)

1 Sorceror (blind) (Y/N seer)

1 Cultist (knows identities of other evils)

---------------------------------------------

Good:

2 Lovers (share a chat) (die together)

1 Seer (Y/N wolf)

1 Brutal Hunter (mandatory brutal, defies parity in 1v1 w/ wolf)

1 Martyr (optional protect)

4 Vanillagers (no special abilities)

-===============================================-
[/q]

So, I want to have something to balance the extra kill from the lovers, and I like the idea of having a martyr who could potentially protect the lovers.

I would be cool with losing the hunter, but would want to add a different kill. But I don't think I would want to make a ww brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What about just making the hunter into a woodcutter and adding villagers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:

Way too pro-good IMO.
I think if you turned the seer into a villager it might be balanced, and it would definitely be more balanced than it currently is.
Evil needs 3 mislynches to win but the mislynch pool is tiny because 4/5 of the good specials are basically uncounterable. If wolves NK a villager N1 and the seer has cleared a different villager going into D2, it's almost a math win and wolves' only chance is to lynch the seer or false claim lovers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:

Way too pro-good IMO.
I think if you turned the seer into a villager it might be balanced, and it would definitely be more balanced than it currently is.
Evil needs 3 mislynches to win but the mislynch pool is tiny because 4/5 of the good specials are basically uncounterable. If wolves NK a villager N1 and the seer has cleared a different villager going into D2, it's almost a math win and wolves' only chance is to lynch the seer or false claim lovers.

Yeah, I haven't really had time today for thorough thought on it. Will come back to this shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina and I are GMing, btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the current rules are what we're going with unless I've made a typo somewhere. It is now a 15 player set, the lovers are a joint aux seer, and there is a fancy cub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the woods.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Ok, the current rules are what we're going with unless I've made a typo somewhere. It is now a 15 player set, the lovers are a joint aux seer, and there is a fancy cub.

Excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the tweaks - but it feels like a new set rather than "Strawberry"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

I just work here, consult Irina. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

Strawberry with sprinkles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neutrina

Pittsburgh
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Actually, it kinda follows with the adaptation of an adaptation etc. until you get something not vanilla at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Actually, it kinda follows with the adaptation of an adaptation etc. until you get something not vanilla at all.

Why would you want something vanilla? It's supposed to be strawberry...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
Irina_Phoenix wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Why would you want something vanilla? It's supposed to be strawberry...

Just as long as we don't wind up with Neapolitan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the woods.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that. Formally petition to change the game to Scoop of Strawberry with Sprinkles 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funnily enough, I now think this set is way too pro-evil!
Evil only needs two mislynches and the pool is much larger, it can easily be must lynch on D2 with five evils still alive.

5 evils in 15p is just a crazily high number IMO, it's weird to me that this seems to be a standard thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [73] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.