Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Wietharn
United States
LAKE STEVENS
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am new to this series, and enjoying the GMT version of East Front No Retreat. I am curious which game most would suggest as my second game to purchase in the series. I know more will be coming out soon, but I would love to hear opinions as to any that surpass the original, and if not, how close they come to matching the overall enjoyment of the GMT version of No Retreat. Thanks, and Happy Holidays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NR2 North Africa and then this one, NRIF.

Both are excellent so i would ask you which of the two campaigns interests you the most.

NRIF is slightly more imvolved than the other two, but i like it's sequence of play. It's more intuitive to me than NR2...

NR2 takes up less table space than NRIF, which is kind of a mini-monster.

NRIF has the best box ever. Big enough for everything to get trayed up and fit back into the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the time you have tried No Retreat! The North African Front , No Retreat! Polish & French Fronts will have come out (early 2018).

Both take little table space and have two games in one box. meeple

No Retreat! Italian Front: 1943-45 is much more meatier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta quit using NRIF and start using NR4

This game is so pretty i took pics of it one day...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played NRRF, NRNA, NRIF all enough to have well-formed opinions. Although I think the whole series is good, the one I'm liking the most so far is NRNA. Carl does a good job of recreating the see-saw campaign, with lots of movement and maneuvering. It's this dynamism that appeals most to me. The bonus Crete game is quite good, too, making the entire package a nice deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
htjester wrote:
I've played NRRF, NRNA, NRIF all enough to have well-formed opinions. Although I think the whole series is good, the one I'm liking the most so far is NRNA. Carl does a good job of recreating the see-saw campaign, with lots of movement and maneuvering. It's this dynamism that appeals most to me. The bonus Crete game is quite good, too, making the entire package a nice deal.

Ok same here, NR2 is my favorite, for now at lest. meeple

If one day there is a reprint of that one, I could make it really awesome if I could get 30 extra event cards.

And if GMT wants to pull all the stops and give me an extra half-mapboard (two sided) and one counter sheet I could add in Tunisia and some extra North African areas, and a few extra pages to offer a rules booklet just for the extra “Crete” game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, Carl. With some time off this week I think I'll be able to talk my brother-in-law into an NRNA campaign game. He's a big fan of NRRF. If it goes well I'll try to post an AAR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Wietharn
United States
LAKE STEVENS
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies. I'm sure I won't go wrong with any of them after hearing such feedback. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
Think I've somewhat settled on NRNA as my fav, but Italy scratches a certain spot in my game itches. It's a more interesting puzzle to me for some reason.

Still have yet to play much of the original despite my recent resurgent interest in Russian front gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bsets wrote:

Still have yet to play much of the original despite my recent resurgent interest in Russian front gaming.

Shame on you!

BTW I am doing a “series replay” of that game with ten gamers on BGG (on pause for the holidays right now). Do check it out:

Play-By-Forum After Action Report

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
bsets wrote:

Shame on you!

Play-By-Forum After Action Report

Indeed, I am the bearer of this shame. Will have to revisit this title
blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.