Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Kepler-3042» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why would you want to do Energy Storage over Planetary Exploitation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Energy Storage just gives you some energy, and not a lot unless your tech is high.

Planetary Exploitation can give you all types of resources, on multiple planets. This always seems like the better choice to me.

So, what makes Energy Storage a good option to take, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
By "multiple planets" I assume you mean "up to two planets," since two is the most you can ever produce on at once.

Energy Storage is useful if you need more energy than you can produce on two planets or if you need that energy concentrated on a single planet (which doesn't even need to be a planet that produces energy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can use it when you haven't got any planets yet.
Earth doesn't produce anything with exploitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also very useful in games in which you decide to go out exploring later.
For example I won games in which I put in game my first starship in round 8 or 9...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you folks. It sounds like there are a lot of different strategies. I only got 23 VPs in my first solo game. I colonized the far planet without problem, but the VPs are hard to come by, especially since the ghost player is snagging all the leadership track VPs.

I still have a lot to learn. Great, great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Gitton
France
Dardilly
- SELECT -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to Terraform Planets you sometime need enery not produce by the planet...so Energy storage can be handy. And if you use ressource move and exchange...it is another way to get matter and to move enery from a planet to another who can't produce some energy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.