United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to ask this again, but I need this spelled out in plain English. The Vault 84 tile is visible but we only have the Wilderness and Settlement encounter decks in play. Am I waiting for a card (don't tell me which one) to tell me to make the Vault 84 deck be created before I can encounter it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stevenson

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will eventually happen upon a quest or encounte that will give you access to Vaukt 84 and let you create the deck and explore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
Note when it tells you you can encounter vault 84, it wont specifically say "create the vault deck". It will tell you to add a specific card to a deck that doesnt exist. Making it the first thing you encounter when you visit the vault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We're playing a two player game and there's a staged card that says encounter at vault 84. Any companion

1 - am I allowed to have the encounter at vault 84?

2- does the companion need to be in the companion slot and unexhausted?

3- it says to add 71 (from vault 84), when creating this new deck I only add the 71# card, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
England
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nunesh wrote:
Hi,

We're playing a two player game and there's a staged card that says encounter at vault 84. Any companion

3- it says to add 71 (from vault 84), when creating this new deck I only add the 71# card, correct?

You can have the encounter if you discard a companion. If the companion is not in your companion slot then he is not a companion, i think he has to be in the slot. If 71 is the first vault 84 card then yes that is the only card you put in the newly created vault 84 deck. So it will be face down next to the ruins and settlement decks. Once you encounter this card it will tell you to add more cards to the vault 84 deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Sears
United States
California
flag msg tools
Nunesh wrote:
Hi,

I read 'any companion' as you have to have a companion in your companion slot.
Nunesh wrote:

Yes and No. It has to be in your slot but it does not have to be unexhausted.
Nunesh wrote:

Yes.

In my games the vault deck(s) have been generated in a straight-forward manner once the main quests have been started. Understanding the Left-to-Right resolution of the card texts as well as the symbols on the cards is most critical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FOVeteran wrote:
Nunesh wrote:
Hi,

I read 'any companion' as you have to have a companion in your companion slot.
Nunesh wrote:

Yes and No. It has to be in your slot but it does not have to be unexhausted.
Nunesh wrote:

Yes.

In my games the vault deck(s) have been generated in a straight-forward manner once the main quests have been started. Understanding the Left-to-Right resolution of the card texts as well as the symbols on the cards is most critical.
The Rules Reference is clear that a companion is a "type of card." Just because a companion is not in your companion slot, does not make it any less of a companion. The rules are clear that if a companion is not in the companion slot then you do not gain the benefits of the companion. It doesn't say anything about the card not being considered as a companion. The rules for Inventory say that "item and companions a survivor possesses but does not have equipped are in that survivor's inventory." This makes it clear that the card type is still "companion". When a you discard a companion, it can come from you companion slot or inventory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plem R
msg tools
Please, two cups of tea for the mister from above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.