Subject: Variant from Today's Headline rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sullivan
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Are there any home made variants using North Koreans as hostiles? Is anyone making different homemade hostiles? Anyone thoughts on making Isreali Special ops soldiers, I think they would fit in well with battles vs the Middle East Terrorists. I got all of the expansions today so my interest is peaked at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ayeblackbart wrote:
Are there any home made variants using North Koreans as hostiles? Is anyone making different homemade hostiles? Anyone thoughts on making Isreali Special ops soldiers, I think they would fit in well with battles vs the Middle East Terrorists. I got all of the expansions today so my interest is peaked at the moment.

yes, yes and yes

Use the Eastern European Hostiles for NK

Any soldier for Israeli

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sullivan
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
David,
Thanks for replying but I was looking to create some kind of discussion and sharing of ideas not just a replace this for that. While a case could be made that you can substitute this group for that group there are different weapons to consider and different missions and objectives to be discussed.

Thanks again,
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ayeblackbart wrote:
David,
Thanks for replying but I was looking to create some kind of discussion and sharing of ideas not just a replace this for that. While a case could be made that you can substitute this group for that group there are different weapons to consider and different missions and objectives to be discussed.

Thanks again,
Tony

G'day Tony,

If you would like to suggest some Missions and objectives I'll put it into the game balance equations.

Same too for weapons and suggested soldiers.

If there are any particular hostiles you'd like to see - I'd be happy to see them!

I'm currently looking at Asian mountainous regions in winter for WW2 WF wave 2 possibilities...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sullivan
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
David,
For a start the Israeli Special forces consist of several small units that roll up into bigger units.
the Sayeret has the Shayetet, equivalent of the Seals , and the Sayeret Matkal which is the hostage rescue/behind enemy lines unit. The Shaldag, is the IAF's forward units.

Missions:
Maritime Hostage-rescue, recon behind enemey lines, hostage-rescue, forward air control and special recon outside of Israel. Of course, raiding across the border for VIP hits/snatch and grab, I am sure are not out of the question.

Weapons:
Uzi and many variants, including suppression. 9mm normally 10 round but upto 50 round box. These variants include the Uzi pistol and Uzi carbine.
The Galil rifle and it's carbine and LMG variants.
They have several futuristic SMG's like the Tavor, X95, and the ACE.
The Corner Shot is truly unique and shoots around corners. Cost should be very high but would reduce entrance cost in city and structures.

These are my thoughts at the moment. Anyone else with more? I'll investigate the North/South Korean options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.