Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, this is not the best rule book. By reading the other posts here in the Rules forum, I was able to make sense out of the way cards are paced into the Fishing Area, but I'm still looking for some clarification regarding Collaborators.

1) The Carpenter, Dried Fish Shop, and Money Changer all confer an immediate benefit, so does the player selecting one of those just take the benefit and leave the card next to the board? Can other players who pass later in the round select a Collaborator that was already selected earlier that round?

2) Regarding the Old Fisherman: Is he limited to adding tokens of the type of seafood shown on the card, or can he add any type to any card?

3) Regarding the Carpenter: Can the last player to pass in the round select the Carpenter? That is, does the benefit of the Carpenter override the rule about not getting tech improvements if you're the last player to pass, or does the rule prevent the last player from selecting the Carpenter?

Thanks. And if you answer, I'm curious to know the basis of your answers. Based on original Japanese rules, answered elsewhere by designer/publisher, seen in a playthrough video, or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No special insight here, just reading the rules.

1) Yes, everyone could take/use Money Changer and Carpenter, but Dried Fish doesn’t happen until the end of the round, so it’s one person only. Fisherman and Speculator are at the start of the next round, so one only.
2) More of the same seems in the spirit of the game, considering these are fishing grounds.
3) The description of the card on page 6 call it a “gain 1 technology” (which is forbidden). Without that clarfication, I’d probably say they could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Laporte
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We created house rules for this. In our games, if you select a Collaborator it stays in front of you until the end of the round, preventing others from claiming that Collaborator. Creates more tension and more interesting decisions. Also shows who has left the round.

Another house rule: for the last round, NO Collaborators are taken. Most of the Collaborators are useless for the last round anyway. Makes the game a bit tighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.