Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacci
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the automa ever build federations? If not, then how would it achieve the 'most satellites' end game score tile. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." - Salvador Dali
badge
Mostly harmless
mbmbmbmbmb
vibrant goo wrote:
Does the automa ever build federations? If not, then how would it achieve the 'most satellites' end game score tile. Am I missing something?

They build satellites when they build mines. From page 6 of the English automa rules:

the rules wrote:
If the mine was placed on a planet not adjacent to an Automa structure, place a satellite on any non-planet space you choose next to the new mine. (The satellite matters only for the “Most Satellites” final scoring tile.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On Page 6 of the English rules under the "Build a Mine" section 4b it says:

Quote:
If the mine was placed on a planet not adjacent to an
Automa structure, place a satellite on any non-planet space
you choose next to the new mine. (The satellite matters
only for the “Most Satellites” final scoring tile.)

So if Most Satellites is not in the game, don't worry about placing Satellites. If it is then it will create a "satellite" whenever in builds a mine that is not directly adjacent to a structure it already owns.

The Automa doesn't get Federations unless it takes the one at the top of the terraforming tech track, but it also doesn't get those vp.

For Buildings in Federations, subtract 1 from Automa's total buildings.

EDIT: I was ninja posted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." - Salvador Dali
badge
Mostly harmless
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer your other question, no, Automa do not make federations.

For the "most structures in federations" end scoring tile, page 8 of the English Automa rules says:

the rules wrote:
For the final scoring tile “most structures in federations,” count the Automa’s total number of structures and subtract one from that to determine its number of structures in federations.

I think it was a bad decision not to at least mention the satellite thing here as well, since it's a natural place to look for info on that.

EDIT: Amusingly, I was ninja as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mitcharf wrote:
I think it was a bad decision not to at least mention the satellite thing here as well, since it's a natural place to look for info on that.

You might be right about that. I am one of the main editors of the English Automa rulebook. Most of the final scoring was mentioned in the build a mine section and Most Buildings is not mentioned at all because it is self-explanatory. The minimum should probably be "Other Final Scoring is explained in "Build a Mine" on page 6."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacci
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One little sentence I missed. Thank you for clarifying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Mostly harmless
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
mitcharf wrote:

You might be right about that. I am one of the main editors of the English Automa rulebook. Most of the final scoring was mentioned in the build a mine section and Most Buildings is not mentioned at all because it is self-explanatory. The minimum should probably be "Other Final Scoring is explained in "Build a Mine" on page 6."

I don't know. It's much easier to criticize after the fact, and it could also be viewed as redundant if you followed my suggestion (since the satellites thing is self-explanatory if you don't overlook that part of the "build a mine" rules). So now I'm conflicted on which is the better choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.