Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Gaer
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, a year after the release I've finally got this to the table. A couple days of rule studying and YouTube videos and now I'm on my third game. It's taken till the third game to start to see options I didn't in the first game, but that's probably since I only understood 75% of the rules. Getting started has been a challenge but my turns and games are moving quickly now. So far I'm enjoying the play but the jury is out till I get some more games in.

I also just received the expansion this week bu I'm nowhere near ready to add it to the base game. Anyone out there playing lately. Anyone played with the expansion cards yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gave it a try early this year, but decided to prefer Stronghold for a 1 vs 1 game, and The Convicted for solo/co-op. Still waiting for the expansion, though; might give it another try then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gaer
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had Convicted for even longer but I think I'll finally get it to the table after I've explored more Exiled. I'm strictly solo for these types of games so I find it interesting to hear that you solo Stronghold. I wasn't aware the it would be any good solo. Are you playing the first or second version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't solo Stronghold, I play it 1 vs 1 (first edition).
I solo The Convicted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gaer
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that makes sense. Stronghold looks like a more streamline version of the siege concept. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.