Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of Triplock and am trying to figure it out. There’s a contradiction regarding the die face showing the peek, flip, and rotate symbols (all three on one face). The rulebook says it means “Peek at the Mechanism within Hidden Lock Area and its Failsafe...”, while the reference card says “Peek at Mechanism and its Failsafe in Visible Lock Area...”
Which one is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine both say hidden. Are you not confusing two different action symbols?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Mine both say hidden. Are you not confusing two different action symbols?

Nope. My reference card definitely says Visible. Sounds like I should follow the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you peek and flip the hidden mechanism and then rotate the stacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn R.
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how you could get a card printed different than everyone else. You should post us a picture so we can help you figure it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an image of my reference card. Unless I'm really confused, it says "Visible" not "Hidden".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That it does.
Weird. I got a first printing, maybe they changed things in the second printing if this was sent in the second KS wave?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Bevis
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy today (12/26/17) both my Actions cards also read "Visible" for the Expose action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Villa
msg tools
I have the same card. This contradiction is annoying. Is ther a way to get the right card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Phillips
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same for me, card reads "Visible" rule book says "hidden".

Forgive me if this is an obvious question but with so many options for looking at the "hidden" mechanism, can anyone clarify why exactly it is referred to as hidden? Does it come into play in future solo games? What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esphill98 wrote:
Same for me, card reads "Visible" rule book says "hidden".

Forgive me if this is an obvious question but with so many options for looking at the "hidden" mechanism, can anyone clarify why exactly it is referred to as hidden? Does it come into play in future solo games? What am I missing?

So many?
I only see one way to interact with it.
+1 with one of the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re the OP, you should contact CTG to ask the question directly: maybe they know the issue, maybe they don't and in this case, they will address the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shane, forgive me if you already know this, but the hidden mechanism is the one in the separate, enclosed area on the playmat. The other 3 are the visible mechanisms.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

To the OP and all who have chimed in, we have just been made aware of this error over the holidays. First of all, to answer the original question, the Rulebook states the Action correctly. The 2 Reference cards do not (they should both say Hidden Lock Area instead of Visible Lock Area in the description for the fifth Action listed on the Action Reference Card.

We've done 2 printings of Triplock so far: The First Shipment printing that delivered to backers in Aug-Sept, and the one delivering now. While no errata were identified in the first printing, we did make some small clarification edits to the rulebook and a few cards per suggestions that came in from backers after people received their games (you can download Rulebook 1.1 here: goo.gl/VzBEAE). It seems that in the process of improving some of the Action dice descriptions and terminology for the 2nd print run, I, yes it was my fault,input the wrong Lock Area for this Action.

This means those who received a First Shipment game, the reference cards are correct - albeit - they are just worded slightly different (Hidden Mechanism vs Mechanism in your Hidden Lock Area). Those of you who are receiving one of our 2nd Shipment games and anyone else who has a game of Triplock currently on order, it will contain this error. This will be corrected in future print runs. *The Action descriptions on our Deluxe Playmats are fine.

As one person commented below, this IS disappointing. I apologize for this oversight on my part. I am including a link below to a PDF of the corrected card. At this time, this is what we are able to do to correct this issue. Hopefully it hasn't caused any of you too much confusion!

Corrected Reference Card: goo.gl/uwzWNA

We will post this as a Triplock Update on Kickstarter as well. Thanks to those of you who noticed this and pointed it out to us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nebauer
msg tools
mbmbmb
For those who want to print this out, can you also provide the other side of the card - the Mechanisms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certifiable Studios did send corrected cards for their misprinted ones from 'Endangered Orphans of Condyle Cove'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
I am in Canada and haven't gotten my copy yet. I didn't even know there was a a first print run. I wish you can send the corrected reference card or make them available when you get a 3rd print run.

For now I guess I can print the pdf on sticker parer and stick it to the card.

Disappointing but fortunately it is on a reference card instead of more often used cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:
Disappointing

That kind of oversight/using previous versions of pdf files happens more often than you'd think.
There recently was a concern with Aeon's End's 2nd edition Nemesis mats, where previous versions were used during print.
That was disappointing too, especially since 1st edition had everything right But it happens, when folks are overburneded with works that they can't spend as many time and resources on quality control as they would wish to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Durbin
United States
Casselberry
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing up the confusion! Just glad I have the large player mat as it is correct on there. Thanks again for an amazing game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls