United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. So, I'm now 3 games in (one at each player count) and some have been close enough to cause questions.

1) Once someone's markers meet/pass, they are done for the game, correct?

2) Assuming yes to 1, each other person remaining in the current play turn gets ONE more worker to place if able? IE Player 1, and any players who went before you since player 1's turn, are also done for the game

3) In the game tonight, I passed first with exactly one money past my fame bubble. My friend finished TWO money past his fame bubble. Since the rules say to measure in FAME, we both tied at 0 (1?), correct? Meaning, I win on tiebreaker...

Also, how are people recording plays of this? With only positive scores (0+), or do you include the people who did not meet as well in the negatives? I've been doing negatives, counting fame, but that doesn't feel right, but points DO matter since more than one person can pass markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To your first 3 questions, agree on all. I don't record scores, and can add nothing there. But I wondered about the end game "final action" thing myself, and after a careful reading of the wording, came to your conclusion. One worker action left for anyone who hasn't had their turn yet since the start player, and the end game triggering player is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it like Tom says. The person who triggers the end game is done. If they were the first player, everyone else gets one more action before the round (and game) ends. If the person triggering the end game was the 3rd player in a four player game, then only one other player would get an action before the game ends.

When I log this game, because it's a race game, I just log one winner and multiple losers. I don't record scores, the same way I don't record scores in Lewis and Clark. Both games have a tiebreaker where the person farthest past the finish line wins the game (or in Rajas, the person with the largest spread between money and fame), so it doesn't matter to me if one person crossed the finish line or four. In the end, there can only be one winner.

But Darrell, why would you win on tiebreaker if you finished one money past your fame while your friend finished two money past his fame? Is it because you triggered the end game? I have only played once (although I expect two more plays this coming week) and we haven't had any issues with determining a winner after one play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiebreaker is essentially turn order; whichever tied player has their markers meet or cross earlier wins the tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about the fact that it was a race game, but the fact that multiple people can "finish" threw me off. I think I will continue with the negative scores, since I've got 3 games that way already.

Thank you all for confirming what I thought I read about the endgame.

And yes, I won because I said that I crossed first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

3) In the game tonight, I passed first with exactly one money past my fame bubble. My friend finished TWO money past his fame bubble. Since the rules say to measure in FAME, we both tied at 0 (1?), correct? Meaning, I win on tiebreaker...

It's all correct, and the example in the rulebook is essentially the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.