10 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Help about rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris damigos

KERATSINI
msg tools
If I have tow units with the bolster or phalanx talent my troops or these units gain +2 offense and defense???2)And if these tow talents can stack again with the leonidas ability born leader??? thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do the cards say? Need that info to advise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skipeo Uchiha
United States
California
flag msg tools
So to answer your question the maximum modifier to any stat is -2 or +2.
from the rule book

PDF Pg 19 " When calculating modifiers, add up to all that apply. If a single modifier is greater then +2 or worse than -2, then that is the maximum possible bonus/penalty. Otherwise the total effect cannot be worse' than-2, or greater then +2.

A you can see that rule falls in line with there other max of 2 rules in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read that bonuses from the same abilities do not stack. So 2 bolster characters would be redundant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skipeo wrote:
from the rule book

PDF Pg 19 " When calculating modifiers, add up to all that apply. If a single modifier is greater then +2 or worse than -2, then that is the maximum possible bonus/penalty. Otherwise the total effect cannot be worse' than-2, or greater then +2.

A you can see that rule falls in line with there other max of 2 rules in the game.

Hi

Actually as stated above if a single modifier is greater than +2 then that is the max, so for example spartans get +3 to thier attack, that is the max they can receive despite other attack modifiers being present. I had a long discussion with QW in the KS to get this clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
Skipeo wrote:
from the rule book

Hi

Actually as stated above if a single modifier is greater than +2 then that is the max, so for example spartans get +3 to thier attack, that is the max they can receive despite other attack modifiers being present. I had a long discussion with QW in the KS to get this clear.

So, if a troop have climb, and it has +3 on their attack. Can they still get +1 attack from terrain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The +3 would become the max (and only modifier).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
No. The +3 would become the max (and only modifier).

I've read somewhere (i think in the rules section) that innate bonuses ie. bonuses that troops get for being complete/ having more figures present on the board are separate and do not count to this limit. For example, a complete group of spartans get a +3 innate bonus (+1 for each spartan figure), and on top of this you could still add the bolster talent bonus making them effectively have a 6 offence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*ahem*

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1786026/mythic-battles-p...

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find that somewhere let me know, otherwise the rules seem to indicate it would max out at 3+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.