Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've always dreamed of fielding Chaos terminators in Space Hulk. Naughty, and not nice, corrupted anti-Imperial traitors marines out for revenge against the good guys. Terminators vs evil Terminators in deadly shootouts in a disease infested Hulk. C'mon, you know you want it!

Well, this is your lucky year! This year has been the year of Chaos. One of the four Chaos powers is Nurgle, the God of disease and corruption (I don't make this stuff up). His army of choice is the traitor marines known as Death Guard (DG). They are also GW's newest 40K army. As a connoisseur, I can say with conviction, DG marines are big, bulky, and seriously, deliciously corrupted. Just bursting with character (and oozing slime, tentacles, and horny growths). And, decayed and diseased are easy to paint. I love them!

A bunch of the DG models were introduced in the New 40K V8 Dark Imperium box set. Note, the only terminator in that box is the Lord of Contagion terminator.

The rest of the DG in the box are power armor marines and Pox walkers (messed up humans). Very nice sculpts, and easy to build. And, available as individuals and squads on ebay. But, I'm not talking about buying the whole box. Just one model, the Lord of Contagion is the only terminator in that box set. Sold separately on ebay for $7-ish. Now hold that thought.

Released later, and separately are DG Blightlord Terminators squad of 5. Very nice, but kind of pricey at $60. Still, they ain't nothing wrong with these babies. Buy a box, you have a squad.

Finally, just released are the brand new DG Easy to Build Lord Felthius & Tainted Cohort. Easy-to-Build means each model has a couple of pieces that push fit together. That makes them cheaper to make, and cheaper to buy and build. The four retail $20 cheaper than the 5 Blightlord Terminators. Don't let "Easy-to-Build" scare you off. As you can see, the sculpts are nice and nicely detailed. Maybe a little less serious than the Blightlords. They even come with 3 whimsical Nurgling sidekicks. So cute!

Yes, it's four termies, not five. But throw in that brand new old Lord of Contagion above from ebay, and you have a different five terminator squad for about $47 retail, saving $13 over the Blightlords. And, easier to build.

Now, this is just an advisement, not an advertisement. I don't care if you buy them or not. Just letting you know they are out there now. The easy-to-build guys just released this week. If you are interested in easier to build models that are also easier to paint, these might appeal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nurgle guys always seem so happy. I suppose we get pampered when we're sick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My theory is the Four Chaos Gods roughly correspond to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

The White Horseman represents Conquering (so, a reason to be happy) or, alternately, Pestilence. Nurgle is a combination of both. Decay and disease merrily conquor all. Eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aris da
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well nice idea but how do we incorporate them?there are no official rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kovaltio wrote:

Find a copy of 1st edition scenario book (yellow hardcover) using 1st (and best) edition rules and it will have you covered. It had rules for marines against marines. The rules were also posted in White Dwarf but I couldn't tell you what issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aris da
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
kovaltio wrote:

Find a copy of 1st edition scenario book (yellow hardcover) using 1st (and best) edition rules and it will have you covered. It had rules for marines against marines. The rules were also posted in White Dwarf but I couldn't tell you what issue.

I mean the death guard deserve more rules than common marines e.g. using their infection somehow ..... perhaps some close quarter damage boost or disintegration

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
kovaltio wrote:

WD 121 (JAN 1990)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kovaltio wrote:
jphien wrote:
kovaltio wrote:

I mean the death guard deserve more rules than common marines e.g. using their infection somehow ..... perhaps some close quarter damage boost or disintegration

An intense one-click Google search turned up this definitive description of the Death Guard, written by somebody on the Internet (and, we all know they wouldn't put it on the Internet if it wasn't true). Because it was the very first of 1,400,000 search results, I consider it canon.

The Death Guard tended to be organized into units of foot-slogging infantry, rather than mechanized squads. The Legion was also well known for its use of Terminator Armour. Possibly as a result of this, the Death Guard were highly successful at high-risk boarding and close-quarter operations such as space hulk clearance.

I only repeat all this knowledge because it mentions "Space Hulk clearance." Which means mankind has had a space hulk "problem" for at least ten Millennium before the events portrayed in the SH game.

There is a new Death Guard codex for 40K for guidance. It will tell you what the unusual weapons do in that game. I don't think it's a necessary purchase. And, a bit of net digging would probably turn up the relevant information.

In 40K and Shadow War, the Mark of Nurgle makes Death Guard Marines one point Tougher than regular marines (which is a significant boost). That could be reflected by adjusting the die roll result necessary to kill a DG terminator. Or, something more clever (anything would be more clever). Personally, because I am not emotionally invested in my new DG terminators, I don't like giving a boost without a corresponding bane. So, to balance them, perhaps they could also have a reduction in CP's (remove the "6" CP counter, for instance), or the like. This could be justified by the old "buzzing flies in their ears" excuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Know No Fear set and love the models. DG termies in SH sounds like a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alienux wrote:
I have the Know No Fear set and love the models. DG termies in SH sounds like a blast.

Know No Fear: A Warhammer 40,000 Starter Set

Starter set with half the [SAME] models as in the Dark Imperium set (but, again, only the one Terminator).

Those DG are indeed easy to love. I'm using Space Hulk as a reason to buy and paint them. I'm using this thread to get ya'll to validate my passions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
A couple of untested suggestions for Nurgle terminator rules. To represent the extra toughness, Death Guard Terminators win close combat draws. To represent the plague infection, if a close combat opponent rolls a 1 on any of their dice, they contract Nurgle's Rot and die after that close combat wether they won, lose or draw. The bane suggested could just be that they cannot redraw CP's. Or perhaps cannot spend CP's on movement.

In the spirit of balance I should point out that Tzeentch players have a very nice set of Thousand Son Terminators available, not as cheap though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentinel V wrote:
A couple of untested suggestions for Nurgle terminator rules. To represent the extra toughness, Death Guard Terminators win close combat draws. To represent the plague infection, if a close combat opponent rolls a 1 on any of their dice, they contract Nurgle's Rot and die after that close combat wether they won, lose or draw. The bane suggested could just be that they cannot redraw CP's. Or perhaps cannot spend CP's on movement.

In the spirit of balance I should point out that Tzeentch players have a very nice set of Thousand Son Terminators available, not as cheap though.

In immortal words of the Bard, "True dat!"

I gazed longingly upon the T-Sons when they came out early this year. The ONLY reason I don't own a squad of these blue boys is I don't think I could paint them anything close to how they appear here. But, making a Bucket List is the FIRST item on my Bucket List. Acquiring and painting up some of these T-Sons won't be far down on the list. Maybe between "Riding a camel" and "Learning to play the harmonica."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Delightfully disgusting. They even look good when painted by the likes of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MintyTheCat Cat
msg tools
I just got the DG Codex today and will be looking through to work out some rules for SH use as I think many of us are in the same boat on this forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.