Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
In the new GMT rules (pg.7) it is stated than now you have to make support checks when playing an event that add suport in states carried by your opponent. But, in the following section "Losing support" as an event effect, this is not mentioned.

So, do you have to make support checks when playing an event that refers to "losing or substracting support" in states carried by your opponent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreu P.
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Even if the result is virtually the same, you only have to do support checks whenever you're trying to add your own cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gracias for your quick answer.

Actually I think this a little strange. Is there any game play reason? (because, thematically I could not see why is like that), and, creating this exemption it introduces some confusion.

In any case, I think that the rulebook should have clarified this point (as they did for the cubes won during the debates)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreu P.
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edugon wrote:
Gracias for your quick answer.

Actually I think this a little strange. Is there any game play reason? (because, thematically I could not see why is like that), and, creating this exemption it introduces some confusion.

In any case, I think that the rulebook should have clarified this point (as they did for the cubes won during the debates)

Well, it actually makes quite much thematic sense to me. In my head, the political capital bag kind of represents the relative popularity of each candidate among the electors. So, whenever you try to regain some influence in a state carried out by your opponent, your success depends on how esteemed you are, which is represented by the cubes you draw when performing support checks. On the other hand, events that simply remove cubes from your opponent represent a loss of influence due to his own poor performance facing a given situation; how popular you are has nothing to do with your opponent's own mistakes, so no support checks are needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that makes sense now to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.