Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Hey Adventures!

I have the story quest called "Preemptive Strike" which:

1 action: Test Magic or Physical. If you succeed, draw swords adventure cards until you reveal a spider enemy and fight that enemy. That enemy gains +2 Health. If you win, gain 1 additional letter trophy (purple one)and discard this card.

So the spider i drew to fight was the cave spider. As i was fighting I noticed the ability it had which is:

1 (wings token) Scuttle: At the end of this combat round, if you are not defeated, end this combat. Shuffle this card back into the adventure deck.

So my q's relating to the 2 are:

1) The spider cant run away because of quest?
2) If it can run away does it count as a win?

Thank you ^_^.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmbmbmb
The adventure card instructs you to fight the enemy, which means you enter combat with it and resolve at least one round of combat. The spider is certainly allowed to run away, as are you in case you opt for retreating. Winning implies defeating the enemy, so, if the spider runs away you get nothing, I'm afraid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Damn you to hell cave spider!!

Thanks for the quick reply Scarlet Witch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate that guy too. Usually we don't have enough gear to kill it in one round (esp. with the +2 health). There's been many missed by 1 scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.