Subject: Family innovation question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Strike
United Kingdom
Corsham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, hope you're hunting well friends.

I recently innovated family which says roughly "a newborn survivor may inherit the surname of one of their parents" and then acquire the relevant weapon proficiencies halved rounded down.

My question is, if I use intimacy and roll for twins do they both get the surname?

Thanks
Happy christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmb
Yes. Each twin gets the surname and WP. At least that's how I play it.

(Each twin is a new born).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Strike
United Kingdom
Corsham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i certainly did with my first two, then I was in a different mood last time and read it differently.

Cheers for the speedy reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Reynolds
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up question re: family - does the new survivor have the ability to earn more weapon proficiencies before they earn 2 hunt xp, or do they start with the bonus amount and gain more after they come of age?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmb
Reaching Age 1 allows survivors to select a weapon proficiency when departing.
I play it that if they already have an inherited WP before Age1, they can work on it normally, they just can't change it until Age1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
emoboy44 wrote:
Follow up question re: family - does the new survivor have the ability to earn more weapon proficiencies before they earn 2 hunt xp, or do they start with the bonus amount and gain more after they come of age?

Yes, you can nightmare train a new survivor who inherited spear weapon type and 2 points if proficiency.

This is allowed because the only condition to earn weapon proficiency is to have a weapon type; normally you get it at age 1 milestone, but with Family innovation you are born with it, and you can use it as you see fit.

Weapon proficiency is not related to hunt xp, this is why they are listed separately in two different lines in the aftermath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.