Santa Maria» Forums » Variants

Subject: 5p variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just wondering if it were possible without altering the game fundamentally if a 5player variant would be possible.
If not I would be curious to why the designer thinks it doesn't work with 5.
Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5P?? I don't see myself playing with 4P let alone 5! To me it's pretty clear why the designer stop at 4...probably should've stop at 3... The AP the game causes is great because of the decisions to be made and you can't really plan your next turn when there are 3 other players (4 in a 5p game) that will change dramatically the state of the game before you play again...

The game would be overly long and with too much downtime... It would be a drag!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
After some sessions I think indeed 4p is insane for a normal game of SM, let alone 5p. However, you could play instead of 3 years play only 1 year, then just do end scoring.
Will still take short of an hour, but people will get a real good idea of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.