Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel Stipetic
Greece
Kalyvia/Lagonissi
Attika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a hero goes out of play, does his resources get discarded if their is another player of the same sphere of influence? For example, I lost Aragorn to damage at a time he had 3 resource tokens on him; however, I had Gimli next to him with 1 resource token.

The general rules I've seen on this is the following: A player can share the resource tokens of each hero that is within the same sphere of influence.

This seems to indicate that I should be able to place Aragorn's 3 resource tokens on Gimli before I remove him from the game.

Correct or incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incorrect!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Martínez
Spain
flag msg tools
Reduce, Recycle, Reuse
badge
Do not ever cease to doubt.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very incorrect. You lose the resources immediately. Remember the true Golden Rule of this game. In every situation, choose the hardest way to continue...laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frost15 wrote:
In every situation, choose the hardest way to continue...laugh

+1 laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Stipetic
Greece
Kalyvia/Lagonissi
Attika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I play it as I try to learn all the nuances of the rules. Baby steps. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Berry

Englishman in Amsterdam
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poisonguy wrote:
A player can share the resource tokens of each hero that is within the same sphere of influence.

This seems to indicate that I should be able to place Aragorn's 3 resource tokens on Gimli before I remove him from the game.

Correct or incorrect?

As everyone has said - incorrect.

I should also point out that if you are playing these heroes from the core set they are from different spheres (Aragorn = Leadership and Gimli = Tactics),

Aragorn & Gimli do share spheres in later adventure packs, so my apologies if you happen to be using those iterations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Stipetic
Greece
Kalyvia/Lagonissi
Attika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch, John. I must have misstated who the character's were; I do remember for sure that the characters were from the same sphere of influence (and from the core game). So it must have been Legolas and Gimli; or Aragorn and Gloin. I no longer remember. Anyway, the core issue has been clarified. And I look forward to making my way further down the later adventure packs (I'm currently mixing in some fan made quests from BGG; people here are just amazing). Thanks for the feedback, John.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
because no one explained why,

resources and other tokens are attached to the character they go with. so aragron's resources and damage tokens are attached to him. if he leaves play, all tokens are removed from play and return to the bank immediately.

the rules say that you can share resources, but that just means that you can spend resources from multiple heroes to pay for one card's cost.
they all have to be the same sphere by virtue of the fact that you must pay all resources that match the card you're playing.

you can use resources from multiple spheres if paying for neutral cards though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.