Hide
10 Posts

Pulsar 2849» Forums » Rules

Subject: A1 green bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S5una Kiselek
msg tools
Question to A1 technology that allows you to modify flight length +-1 for visiting green gate.

Q: does this power apply to visiting several green gates at one move? So is it affordable to modify length by +3 for 3 green gates?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
The rules say: "Whenever you do a flight that visits a green gate, you can lengthen or shorten the flight by one."
A flight that visits 1 green gate is a flight that visits a green gate.
A flight that visits 2 green gates is a flight that visits a green gate.
Etc.
So you can only do +1 or -1 to the length of the flight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Basti Bohrer
msg tools
I have also a question regarding this technology and I guess I better ask it here rather than opening a new thread.

The rules say "Whenever you do a flight that visits a green gate, you can lengthen or shorten the flight by one. The resulting flight must still visit a green gate."

We were pretty confused today during our first play through, by the bolded part. I don't understand why the last part is there. Does it mean I have to make the last move through a green gate? Since the first sentence is pretty self explanatory, so I don't see what the second part is trying to make clear.

We just played that as long as you move along at least one green path you can change your movement by + or - 1 (so basically the thing that is stated in the first sentence). Was that correct? Or are we missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blobstar wrote:
I have also a question regarding this technology and I guess I better ask it here rather than opening a new thread.

The rules say "Whenever you do a flight that visits a green gate, you can lengthen or shorten the flight by one. The resulting flight must still visit a green gate."

We were pretty confused today during our first play through, by the bolded part. I don't understand why the last part is there. Does it mean I have to make the last move through a green gate? Since the first sentence is pretty self explanatory, so I don't see what the second part is trying to make clear.

We just played that as long as you move along at least one green path you can change your movement by + or - 1 (so basically the thing that is stated in the first sentence). Was that correct? Or are we missing something here?

The rule is there to ensure you don't reduce the flight length so you don't meet the requirement, which could otherwise happen if you only reach a green gate as the last step of the movement allowed by your die.

As an example-

You use a 4 die to move and you reach a green gate with the 4th step of your move, having not passed through any others previously. You are not allowed to reduce the journey length to 3, in this case, because that would mean that you have not actually visited a green gate during the move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Basti Bohrer
msg tools
Hmm yeah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Tomov
msg tools
I have had some difficulty interpreting this ability. So basically, is this move allowed:

- You have a movement of 5, which passes through green gate(s) and leaves you right next to a planet system. Are you allowed to increase that flight by 1, since you moved through a green gate this turn, and end your turn on the planetary system?

Would that have anything to do at all with the second sentence of the ability, which states the resulting flight must still visit a green gate? Am I interpreting the 'resulting flight' part wrong, in thinking that the location you complete the flight on, whether it be +1 or -1 must be a green gate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarTom wrote:
I have had some difficulty interpreting this ability. So basically, is this move allowed:

- You have a movement of 5, which passes through green gate(s) and leaves you right next to a planet system. Are you allowed to increase that flight by 1, since you moved through a green gate this turn, and end your turn on the planetary system?

Yes that is OK.

Quote:
Would that have anything to do at all with the second sentence of the ability, which states the resulting flight must still visit a green gate? Am I interpreting the 'resulting flight' part wrong, in thinking that the location you complete the flight on, whether it be +1 or -1 must be a green gate?

No you only need to include a green gate at some point during your journey. If the 5 movement took you 1 past the green system and the fifth stop was the only green gate. Then you could not decrease the length to 4 and stop on the system because you would not then include the green gate. If you had included a green gate earlier in the move it would be OK to reduce the move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Tomov
msg tools
DaveD wrote:
No you only need to include a green gate at some point during your journey. If the 5 movement took you 1 past the green system and the fifth stop was the only green gate. Then you could not decrease the length to 4 and stop on the system because you would not then include the green gate. If you had included a green gate earlier in the move it would be OK to reduce the move.

So that is literally the only effect of the second sentence of that ability? In that case I think I read too much into it meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarTom wrote:
DaveD wrote:

So that is literally the only effect of the second sentence of that ability? In that case I think I read too much into it meeple

Looks like you did. Note that I've edited my post above to delete one reference to "green" that I hadn't intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Tomov
msg tools
I think my main source of confusion came from the word 'flight'. See, at first I considered that to be the single movement of a single die pip, whereas flight in this game refers to the total amount of spaces you have moved the ship. So I thought the second part of the ability was some sort of limitation that makes it impossible to use as I described in my previous example. It does make more sense now that I know what it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.