Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanel Jõeäär
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this question has been raised here in different versions a couple of times but how does it sound to play the Game 1 with 6 players and then continue the campaign with 4, since probably we won't get hold of 6 people again?

Is it better idea to skip playing it with 6 players and start campaign with 4 players some other time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tiigrikutzu wrote:
I know this question has been raised here in different versions a couple of times but how does it sound to play the Game 1 with 6 players and then continue the campaign with 4, since probably we won't get hold of 6 people again?

Is it better idea to skip playing it with 6 players and start campaign with 4 players some other time?

I suspect that starting with 6 then dropping to 4 will end up being virtually the same as playing 4 all the way through. You might end up with a couple more buildings heading into game 2 than you would have with only 4 players (or even 4 players and 2 automa), depending on how aggressively the players build.

The big question will be do you (a) reserve those player positions in the hopes that they play again, or (b) switch those charters to inactive, and add their cards to the advancement deck. I suspect that (a) might lead to problems if the players don't come back, due to buildings being out of circulation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiigrikutzu wrote:

I started the first 2 games of my campaign with 4 players, and then dropped to 2 players.

It was my plan to play this way. The two that dropped out wanted to play the initial games, but they do not live near me. It was my plan to drop them all along.

I changed the 2 dropped players to inactive charters, and it has not negatively impacted the campaign or the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.