Subject: Anitmatter Engine Artifact Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Gonzalez
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this happened yesterday playing the game the first time with 4 Players.

Scan - draw random Artifact Card instead of the one in Display - its Antimatter Engine (gives x Antimatter in status phase) - Players Ideology matches with a value of 2.

In Turn 1 that player had 3 Antimatter - everybody else hat 1 or 0.

Turn two that player upped to 7 Antimatter (had wie played the short game, it would be over the following turn, since it only goes up to 8 at 4 players).

Everybody else somewhere at 2 or 3

Turn 3 that player goes to 11 (one short of winning) while the rest was not even at half his score.

Game over...

was a very very disappointing experience to be honest. Considering removing that card from play - so is this intentional design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antimatter is static. It's like a location. Your goal is to control 10 (8,12, etc) antimatter/locations. The card is 1 location. Not 1 location every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Miguel,

Sorry about the outcome of your first game. I hope you'll have better luck trying it again. It's as Nathan says static, so you won't "get 1 antimatter every turn".

Have a great Christmas all of you,
Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Gonzalez
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emilarsen wrote:
Hi Miguel,

Sorry about the outcome of your first game. I hope you'll have better luck trying it again. It's as Nathan says static, so you won't "get 1 antimatter every turn".

Have a great Christmas all of you,
Best regards Emil

I was hoping I was getting something wrong about this - now that changes everything!

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also as a footnote.
As per the rules remember that as your ideology changes the the symbols available may effect your artefact cards in play for example the antimatter engines produce 2 antimatter if your level increases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.